General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User path6336
(member) Wed 12-Feb-14 08:12:59
Print Post

3 unlimited tethering on the One Plan

[link to this post]

I've heard a rumour that on 4th March Three will be abolishing unlimited tethering for new contracts and upgrades and replacing with a 2gb limit.
All along Three have been advertising that their network can handle large amounts of data thrown at it, but if this is true it seems that is not the case.
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Wed 12-Feb-14 15:29:34
Print Post

Re: 3 unlimited tethering on the One Plan

[re: path6336] [link to this post]

frown

This is after all Three's only selling point. Their support is terrible and so is indoor coverage.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Broadband:- Speed Test | TBB Ping
Now on twitter @timmay2
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 12-Feb-14 16:28:35
Print Post

Where did you hear this?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User janitor
(experienced) Thu 13-Feb-14 09:09:17
Print Post

[re: 5km] [link to this post]

Would also like to know where this comes from, as said above it is 3s only plus point, stopping this would lose them a large part of their customer base.
Standard User Iluv4G
(newbie) Thu 13-Feb-14 14:31:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by path6336:
I've heard a rumour that on 4th March Three will be abolishing unlimited tethering for new contracts and upgrades and replacing with a 2gb limit.
All along Three have been advertising that their network can handle large amounts of data thrown at it, but if this is true it seems that is not the case.

I hope not, I just did that in 7 mins on 4G - it will mean their 4G will just be as [censored] as the rest. If they do this with all the other benefits andmoney saving they can give me I will just move to EE. Im on 30 days rolling
Standard User tthom
(member) Thu 13-Feb-14 15:22:37
Print Post

If this is just for tethering I would favour it if it would help congestion in my area with people using it instead of using adsl or fiber for a home connection

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Feb-14 19:20:30
Print Post

[re: Iluv4G] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Iluv4G:
I hope not, I just did that in 7 mins on 4G - it will mean their 4G will just be as [censored] as the rest. If they do this with all the other benefits andmoney saving they can give me I will just move to EE. Im on 30 days rolling

I suspect Three have noticed people buying their unlimited plan phone accounts, using a cheap-ish handset, and tethering, to replace home broadband. I doubt they intended people to use 100 to 300 GB a month, that's where FTTC or even ADSL, or Virgin Cable is designed.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 49/8.5 - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User Iluv4G
(newbie) Thu 13-Feb-14 20:19:02
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I agree. Ive got access to my neighbours internet too now for a nominal £5 a month. On 3G I do about 2-3GB a month but round here 4G speeds on EE are low. If they do this I will end my contract with 3 because it's part of the contract and would be seen as detrimental I think.

On the plus side 4G on three is ferocious. I'm going back to the same spot tomorrow if it's sunny (Nice bit of grass in the park)
Standard User brandscill
(member) Fri 14-Feb-14 07:45:36
Print Post

[re: Iluv4G] [link to this post]

I asked their twitter team and they have no knowledge of this
Standard User Iluv4G
(newbie) Fri 14-Feb-14 08:39:43
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

so it is probably just a rumour I am sure they would be the first to know

Edit. It is Not a rumour. I've just spoken to a guy in products and he tells me that there are new tariffs coming in on the 4th of March. The all you can eat is remaining but tethering will have the 2GB limit. He advised if possible to upgrade early to keep it for another 2 years. So at end of contract unless upgraded early it be removed

He also said he was not sure what the pricing was yet for the 4G. So I suspect it won't be free after all. Time will tell but with the inclusive minutes and music and other stuff EE is looking like an alternative

Edited by Iluv4G (Fri 14-Feb-14 09:41:27)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to