General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Mar-14 14:37:07
Print Post

NEW 3 plans include free calls to 0800/0808/0500.

[link to this post]

This has just gone live on the site..

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Sharing_stuff/free08...

New tariffs.

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searchTariff?deviceTyp...

:edit: they are now doing all you can eat texts too getting rid of the 5000 limit. The my3 is currently down but I will be checking to see if existing customers get this too when it's back up. Page 2 has the all you can eat data and text packages.

Edit 2: no I have just got the same allowances I have always had and my package reset at midnight.. bummer.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Tue 18-Mar-14 14:41:17)

Standard User janitor
(experienced) Tue 18-Mar-14 14:40:49
Print Post

Re: NEW 3 plans include free calls to 0800/0808/0500.

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

They jumped before they were pushed, ofcom has been looking into the idea of making mobile networks make free phone numbers free, so I think they have decided to get in second, as giffgaff already offer this.
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Mar-14 14:42:54
Print Post

[re: janitor] [link to this post]

They have various ways to waste those minutes too.

http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Sharing_stuff/free08...

Seems rather silly to me, maybe they have lost the plot It also says (Try one of these now, free from any Three mobile. Calls to other 0800 numbers are free on our new, 24 month, pay monthly plans.)

:edit: look at the last plan here, they are finally trying to compete with EE (and this is cheaper than the one plan is/was)

http://store.three.co.uk/view/searchTariff?viewAll=t...

Unlimited everything..

Edited by pcoventry76 (Tue 18-Mar-14 14:48:26)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User leexgx
(committed) Mon 24-Mar-14 21:36:21
Print Post

its nearly Unlimited everything, all the new plans have a 2GB tether limit (how they detect that be interesting baring iPhone as they have there own APN for hotspot)

not sure if they are going to be doing the same to the "The One Plan"

(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Mar-14 00:29:57
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

I assume a jailbreak would soon sort that. I don't know how they would detect it either.

ive stayed on the one plan so as far as I know on the 1 month £23 tariff It's still included. I've been using my phone as a wifi point for my passengers all day and had no problems with it so I assume it's all good.
Standard User RapsterUK
(newbie) Tue 25-Mar-14 06:50:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
I assume a jailbreak would soon sort that. I don't know how they would detect it either.

The tethered device requesting data reports itself to their network, or the network requests it to report itself. From that information they know "...whether the device is a mobile phone or not". I can't remember exactly how it's done - it has been *years* since I had anything to do with mobile tech, but do know for certain that is the way GiffGaff know whether you are breaking the T&C's.

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
I've been using my phone as a wifi point for my passengers all day and had no problems with it so I assume it's all good.

You're not a bus driver, are you? That'd be a cool thing for a bus driver to do... wink

Edited by RapsterUK (Tue 25-Mar-14 06:53:05)

Standard User janitor
(experienced) Tue 25-Mar-14 10:47:39
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

No the one plan remains unlimited tethering, all sim only plans remain the same as before, its only the 24 month plans that have changed.
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Mar-14 13:00:47
Print Post

[re: RapsterUK] [link to this post]

haha

I know that they can tell if you use a phone sim in a dongle and vice versa.

No I just drive some people around sometimes. Before I got my nice new car I used to get a bus daily which had free wifi on it. It never had any stickers about it on the outside so I suspect few people knew. I only know as I was hooking up my phone to my ipad and I saw it in the list.

got 2mbps most of the time, not bad for a bus smile
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Thu 27-Mar-14 08:19:35
Print Post

I remember hearing last year, that one of the bus services were running a trial of Wifi on certain buses on certain routes, never heard if they took it any further or what the results of the trial was.
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Mar-14 13:10:52
Print Post

[re: janitor] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by janitor:
I remember hearing last year, that one of the bus services were running a trial of Wifi on certain buses on certain routes, never heard if they took it any further or what the results of the trial was.

Well on the small chance anyone from around my way is reading this the X7 from Newport to Bristol and the X3 from Cwmbran to Cardiff HAVE wifi - rock on smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to