General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Mar-14 21:38:20
Print Post

3g mast not working - o2 response

[link to this post]

Been having issues with the mast where i work for ages now, slow most of the day and dies around midday to 3pm every day of the week. Voice/texts work just wont pass any data.

Well someone at work finally got an answer from o2. Basically nothing they can do, its just a busy area at lunch time and afternoon. And there was me thinking they could add capacity or another mast but no, they just wash their hands with it

There only solution was to give the cancellation number and tell o2 you refuse to pay anymore and cancel your contract as they have admitted not providing a service. Good CS that isnt it, if you have a problem tough you have to leave

Is that an acceptable answer - basically just live with it? I can understand capacity issues when there is a football match on or whatever, something that isnt all the time. This is daily though and they dont seem to care
Standard User Yves
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Mar-14 15:20:31
Print Post

Re: 3g mast not working - o2 response

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

I have had a similar issue with 3 in at my office in Central London. In general there is severe congestion on 3 in Central London during office hours. This has been the case for the last two years.

My solution has been to install WiFi at work so my colleagues and I can use our personal devices whilst we are at work.

Also, I live in Wembley and 3 is unusable (data and phonecalls) on days when the stadium is in use. I'm about a mile away from the stadium so I would guess that the congestion is due to inadequate infrastructure capacity on the data connection out of Wembley rather than cell congestion in my immediate area.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Mar-14 15:53:44
Print Post

[re: Yves] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Yves:
I have had a similar issue with 3 in at my office in Central London. In general there is severe congestion on 3 in Central London during office hours. This has been the case for the last two years.

My solution has been to install WiFi at work so my colleagues and I can use our personal devices whilst we are at work.

Also, I live in Wembley and 3 is unusable (data and phonecalls) on days when the stadium is in use. I'm about a mile away from the stadium so I would guess that the congestion is due to inadequate infrastructure capacity on the data connection out of Wembley rather than cell congestion in my immediate area.

The guy was talking about 3G on O2 but there you go..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Yves
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Mar-14 17:13:03
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

There are similar issues with 3.
Standard User bobble_bob
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Mar-14 17:44:46
Print Post

[re: Yves] [link to this post]

Well 1 day after being told "live with it" basically, my mate got a call to say a guy has been out and it was fixed. Why it was never fixed in the year this has been a problem i dont know, maybe after a few threatened to leave? Who knows

Not been at work to test it yet but by all accounts its as fast as ever now.
Standard User leexgx
(committed) Mon 24-Mar-14 21:54:39
Print Post

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bobble_bob:
Well 1 day after being told "live with it" basically, my mate got a call to say a guy has been out and it was fixed. Why it was never fixed in the year this has been a problem i don't know, maybe after a few threatened to leave? Who knows

Not been at work to test it yet but by all accounts its as fast as ever now.

i need to contact O2 as the Lymm (and lymm service station) area mast is very intermittent on the data side(more not working then working), voice is breaking up as well when just sitting still so i guess that will make a lot of issues on data side

Print Thread

Jump to