General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fabyon
(committed) Thu 20-Mar-14 02:39:36
Print Post

Ovivo Mobile ceased trading with immediate effect !

[link to this post]

It was too good to last, my phone stopped working this evening and thankfully I had a plan B (GiffGaff sim I kept just in case) I also had a Broadband Mobile SIM with them (Data only) to use in my Mi-fi and that's not working either.

At least I enjoyed the service for over a year, I feel bad for those who just joined recently.

Here's more details: http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2014/03/19/ovivo-mobil...

I've filled the form for a PAC code but I'm not holding my breath, unless the provision of the PAC is being done by Vodafone (the network Ovivo was piggy backing on).

Sky Broadband

Edited by fabyon (Thu 20-Mar-14 02:41:06)

Standard User brandscill
(member) Thu 20-Mar-14 06:52:29
Print Post

Re: Ovivo Mobile ceased trading with immediate effect !

[re: fabyon] [link to this post]

Was always to good to be true. I just hope people get their PAC's
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Mar-14 12:20:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by fabyon:
It was too good to last, my phone stopped working this evening and thankfully I had a plan B (GiffGaff sim I kept just in case) I also had a Broadband Mobile SIM with them (Data only) to use in my Mi-fi and that's not working either.

At least I enjoyed the service for over a year, I feel bad for those who just joined recently.

Here's more details: http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2014/03/19/ovivo-mobil...

I've filled the form for a PAC code but I'm not holding my breath, unless the provision of the PAC is being done by Vodafone (the network Ovivo was piggy backing on).

Well he offered me a job and relocation to London which I almost took - glad I didn't now!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Mar-14 14:18:20
Print Post

So a company that didn't charge for its service went bust.

There's a shocker.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User fabyon
(committed) Thu 20-Mar-14 15:14:51
Print Post

Quick update, got my PAC code by email just now and have ported my number to GiffGaff !

Sky Broadband

Edited by fabyon (Thu 20-Mar-14 18:13:54)

(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Mar-14 15:37:46
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Andrue:
So a company that didn't charge for its service went bust.

There's a shocker.

Considering around 50,000 people have paid £20 in the last 72 hours and got nothing, I'd say it was actually.
Standard User brandscill
(member) Thu 20-Mar-14 16:32:28
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Their customer base was 50,000. They didn't sign up 50,000 customers in the last 72 hours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26659929

Edited by brandscill (Thu 20-Mar-14 16:32:47)

(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Mar-14 16:36:14
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brandscill:
Their customer base was 50,000. They didn't sign up 50,000 customers in the last 72 hours.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26659929

Well I know it to be more. I had access to a lot of information which I had to sign a NDA for.. I need to now check that the company is bust my NDA with Zand is no longer valid.

they took a lot of orders in the past 72 hours that's all i know

I got a £25 Itunes voucher from Sarah when she worked there that was before they offered me the role so I didn't lose out at all.
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Mar-14 18:14:24
Print Post

I just called Mr Zand's numbers. One was on Ovivo and other on another network. Both dead. I had to find them on an old phone bill but as we talked a lot I knew I had them somwwhere.
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Mar-14 00:57:29
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Possibly playing dirty on their part?

Exclusive: Dispute with Cognatel led to Ovivo Mobile termination
Written by: Pádraig McGarrigle
Posted on: 20 March 2014. Tags: Cognatel, Ovivo Mobile
Exclusive: Dispute with Cognatel led to Ovivo Mobile termination
Dispute over network software led to abrupt closure of network yesterday evening (March 20)
Ovivo Mobile was terminated by MVNA Cognatel following an alleged dispute over network software that would have allowed the MVNO to uniquely identify each user, Mobile News understands.
It is believed that Cognatel was contractually obliged to deliver the software but had failed to do so. Uniquely identifying each user was essential to the operator’s service which provided free airtime, texts and data in exhange for agreeing to being targeted by marketing materials.
Furthermore, it also understood that Ovivo Mobile had been withholding cash from the Vodafone MVNA as part of the dispute and it was this that led to the plug being pulled at short notice yesterday.
Customers of the operator are furious at the sudden nature of the cessation of their connectivity although the value of money owed is likely to be very little due to the ‘advertiser-funded nature’ of the service.
The firm said last month it had 50,000 users and was in the process of raising £3 million in financing but the reputational damage means it will close permanently.
Ovivo Mobile and Cognatel were unavailable when contacted by Mobile News earlier today while Vodafone refused to comment on the story.

This is just what I have copied from elsewhere and I have no opinion on it or ovivo.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to