A Vodafone 3g SIM card has been installed in a laptop and all is working fine but to take the concept further, it would be nice to have the answers to the following questions:
1) Is there a command to show the mobile number?
2) Can it be connected to Sure Signal?
3) Is it possible to send and receive SMS messages?
4) By whatever means can an external aerial be used?
5) Using the laptop's inbuilt sound facilities, would voice calls be possible?
I am not holding my breath to get a positive response to any of these features but more to put my mind at rest that my wish list can not e fulfilled!