General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User clyde123
(regular) Thu 10-Jul-14 12:51:50
Print Post

PC internet

[link to this post]

We might be needing to get internet for about 3 PCs for a short period, just a few weeks.
According to EE, the area has good 4G coverage.
What would be the best way of doing this ? I don't mind buying a 3G Router type of thing. I don't think anyone is going to want to use tethering from their mobile phone, although it might be possible to use a new phone if that's the best way.
The important thing would be to have good (enough) broadband to run 3PCs and also to have at least 1 or 2 VOIP lines.
Fixed line installation temporarily is possible, with Entanet, but would hope to avoid the £100 or so installation costs.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 10-Jul-14 18:34:11
Print Post

Re: PC internet

[re: clyde123] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by clyde123:
What would be the best way of doing this ? I don't mind buying a 3G Router type of thing. I don't think anyone is going to want to use tethering from their mobile phone, although it might be possible to use a new phone if that's the best way.

Talk to the guys at Solwise, and they can supply 3G / 4G routers (with Wifi and ethernet ports) that can also make use of external antennas for better signal. You could then plug in any network SIM that works in your area and has the best price plan. EE and Three have some interesting prices for SIM only broadband (often sold for tablet use).

James - plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - Sync 55/9.4 (BT was 51/9.8)
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - PN BQM - PN speed - old BT speed
Standard User clyde123
(regular) Fri 11-Jul-14 07:08:00
Print Post

Re: PC internet

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Thanks jchamier, I'll do that

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to