General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Fri 29-Aug-14 17:52:50
Print Post

Re: New Moto G 4G

[re: Computerman142] [link to this post]

You know, it does make you wonder how civilisation/businesses managed before the mobile phone/internet..............
Standard User Galoka
(learned) Fri 29-Aug-14 17:55:27
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
The Giffgaff offerings look good now they have been changed but is it worth it when people all report slow speeds on the data. ?

Who are 'all the people'?

I can't say I seem to suffer form generally slow speeds, I've never really bothered to go round testing it, but it doesn't feel any different really yo my wife's iPhone on O2. Certainly seems fast enough when on a good HSPA+ connection.

As ever though, it's the people who are unhappy with something that will make the effort to post about it online.
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:20:24
Print Post

[re: Galoka] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Galoka:
The Giffgaff offerings look good now they have been changed but is it worth it when people all report slow speeds on the data. ?

I can't say I seem to suffer form generally slow speeds, I've never really bothered to go round testing it, but it doesn't feel any different really yo my wife's iPhone on O2. Certainly seems fast enough when on a good HSPA+ connection.

As ever though, it's the people who are unhappy with something that will make the effort to post about it online.

It wouldn't as giffgaff piggyback on O2 laugh

Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:25:29
Print Post

I've decided to go back to 3 on the 3,2,1 tariff for now. I rarely use my phone and I use my landline more than I do my mobile.

I might get 4G in cardiff but wouldn't use it at 3P a MB lol

I used to use the weq4u app for all 08 numbers but I didn't know you can also use it via a landline and having unlimited minutes means I don't need the mobile ones anymore.

Are you aware that Three have a new nifty app like the O2 one that will use your home wifi to send/receive calls and texts ? For people who have a lousy signal indoor I think it's a clever option, mind you the usage gets taken out from your credit but it's a shrewd way of THREE getting people off their masts when they're home or nearby a wifi source (the app can sense that and activate itself).

If giffgaff make more annoying changes or increase their per MB prices (it's 1p up to 20mb daily if I read right on pure payg) then I'll probably switch too but at the moment I stay put. laugh

Sky Broadband
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:53:23
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stevenage_Neil:
You know, it does make you wonder how civilisation/businesses managed before the mobile phone/internet..............

We managed fine. The 80's were sweet before all this tech [censored] came along.
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:54:40
Print Post

[re: fabyon] [link to this post]

No, I was only aware of the stupid 3 app which wants an update every day.

Edit - got it! thanks man! smile

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 29-Aug-14 18:57:17)

(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:55:45
Print Post

[re: Galoka] [link to this post]

Fair enough

I guess the 159 page thread is such people
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:56:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by fabyon:

It wouldn't as giffgaff piggyback on O2 laugh

I guess people don't give a dam after 6 months when their Payback starts to roll in. As GG becomes free anyway.

A mad concept but I know people who live on their payback.,
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:59:06
Print Post

No, I was only aware of the stupid 3 app which wants an update every day.

Edit - got it! thanks man! smile

Cool ! You're quick by the time I realised you posted this on my phone and me going upstairs to my desktop so I could type properly ...it got sorted ! LOL

Anyhoo for those of you who might read this thread and have Three but a pig of a signal at home it's worth investigating > http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Three_inTouch

Sky Broadband

Edited by fabyon (Fri 29-Aug-14 19:01:59)

(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 19:01:07
Print Post

Thanks anyway for the effort!

I will try it now. I assume data is a mute point? as you have data anyway when on wifi.

I've got my PAC code and I am just topping this up to test smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to