General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Computerman142
(regular) Sat 12-Jul-14 19:43:40
Print Post

New Moto G 4G

[link to this post]

Hi

I have just bought a new Moto G 4G from Amazon and using it on o2's network. I went to York today and while I was there I noticed I had 4G, so I gave it a quick speedtest and was getting just under 50Mbps download and 30Mbps upload. Way better than my home internet I was not expecting it to be so quick and webpages to load instantly I knew it would be quick but just like being at home. Just waiting for 4G to come to Selby might swap my fibre broadband for 4G unless BT bring vectoring or something. Does anyone know how you can find out when 4G will come to my area?

Thanks

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2859828308
My best ever result- upload is more than it should be. but more the better. Also ping is a bit high

MYSEL

TalkTalk 40/2 FTTC - Currently getting 25Mbps on an interleaved FTTC line, was 26.5Mbps.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 12-Jul-14 19:50:14
Print Post

Re: New Moto G 4G

[re: Computerman142] [link to this post]

I don't know when you actually purchased your Moto G 4G, from Amazon, but I did notice that they suddenly put the price up.

Early in the week it was £149 but, by the end it was £157.

However, Tesco are selling them for £149 (at least they were when I bought mine on Thursday).

Regards,
John
(regular) Sat 12-Jul-14 19:51:50
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

Got mine on Thursday to ordered earlier in the week.

My best ever result- upload is more than it should be. but more the better. Also ping is a bit high

MYSEL

TalkTalk 40/2 FTTC - Currently getting 25Mbps on an interleaved FTTC line, was 26.5Mbps.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 13-Jul-14 06:38:08
Print Post

Does our test http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/ispa give right result

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(regular) Sun 13-Jul-14 08:24:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Latency is a bit high but it looks ok http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

MYSEL

Standard User sam0056
(newbie) Tue 29-Jul-14 19:08:56
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

This is a great phone look how good my 4g is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8emu3qq6qz5edo6/Screenshot...

Edited by sam0056 (Tue 29-Jul-14 19:10:03)

Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Tue 29-Jul-14 21:04:08
Print Post

[re: sam0056] [link to this post]

Nice. Got the 4.4.4 update yet?
This hasn't fixed the class 10 sd card issue for me although I only get a problem when rebooting with the Transcend card I am using.
Day to day use is fine.

Agree though. Amazing phone for the price.

xilo Fibre+ BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 29-Jul-14 21:04:30
Print Post

[re: sam0056] [link to this post]

How does the web app http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/ispa cope with the connection?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 29-Jul-14 21:34:34
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
How does the web app http://labs.thinkbroadband.com/ispa cope with the connection?

Moto G 4G updated to 4.4.4 today,
Service = Three PAYG SIM with full 4G signal (-93dBm).

Speedtest.net app - Maidenhead server - 8.98Mbps down / 9.02Mbps up
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/909532386

Thinkbroadband labs - 7.6Mbps down / 2.9Mbps up:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

iPhone 5s 64gb with latest iOS 7.1.2
Service = EE SIM only contract with full 4G signal

Speedtest.net app - Maidenhead server - 21.55Mbps down / 21.58Mbps up
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/917602709

Thinkbroadband labs - 33.4Mbps down / 13.Mbps up:
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html...

So 4G works, but Three is a bit overloaded here (their 3G service is incredibly slow - perils of selling unlimited usage!)

(physical cell site for both 3 and EE is the other side of the next door nursing home)

James - plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - Sync 55/9.4 (BT was 51/9.8)
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - PN BQM - PN speed - old BT speed
Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Tue 29-Jul-14 23:03:14
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

3's 4G is always rubbish compared too EE..

For a start EE broadcast at a higher Frequency so have more space for bandwidth where 3 only broadcasts at 800mhz like O2 who when I used them for 4G was rubbish compared to EE too...

I havn't seen many if any Vodafone 4G tests, I know Vodafone uses 2600mhz for 4G so could be pretty impressive for bandwidth, but they also use 800mhz too so hard to determine where 2600/800mhz areas are.

I know 3 people who are using the Moto G 3G and I'm well impressed, might get myself one in couple of months to replace iPhone 4S, depends on apples announcement for iPhone 6...

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Jul-14 07:28:11
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

What rot.

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:

Not always, I saw seriously fast speeds before on 3's 4G when it first turned on a month or so ago.

For a start EE broadcast at a higher Frequency so have more space for bandwidth where 3 only broadcasts at 800mhz like O2 who when I used them for 4G was rubbish compared to EE too...

Nope, EE and 3 are both using 1800mhz today. EE has 800 and 2600 licences, 3 has 800 licence and has started rolling this out as. Those with 1800 means their networks can be used by the original iPhone 5.

I havn't seen many if any Vodafone 4G tests, I know Vodafone uses 2600mhz for 4G so could be pretty impressive for bandwidth, but they also use 800mhz too so hard to determine where 2600/800mhz areas are.

Voda and O2 are currently rolling out 800mhz only, O2 has nothing else. Voda has 2600 licence but no info.

I know 3 people who are using the Moto G 3G and I'm well impressed, might get myself one in couple of months to replace iPhone 4S, depends on apples announcement for iPhone 6...

The 4G is only around £50 more and has a micro-SD slot, which for me was important for an Android device.

15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - PN BQM - PN speed - old BT speed

Edited by jchamier (Wed 30-Jul-14 08:31:28)

Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Wed 30-Jul-14 08:03:08
Print Post

Nope, EE and 3 are both using 1800mhz today only. EE has 800 and 2600 licences, 3 has 800 licence but neither have launched those yet. 1800 means their networks can be used by the original iPhone 5.

AFAIK 1800mhz 4G on Three hasn't been activated yet, though I was aware they where being alowwed access to it via EE's network, also iPhone 5 currently dont' work with any other 4G networks aparts from EE.... Though this woill cange once 1800mhz is activated on Three.

Voda and O2 are currently rolling out 800mhz only, but Voda has 2600mhz as well but nobody has reported any seen yet.

As I said then!!

The 4G is only around £50 more and has a micro-SD slot, which for me was important for an Android device.

Yes I'm aware of that, I was pointing out how i was impressed with its 1st gen model!

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Jul-14 08:36:43
Print Post

AFAIK 1800mhz 4G on Three hasn't been activated yet, though I was aware they where being alowwed access to it via EE's network, also iPhone 5 currently dont' work with any other 4G networks aparts from EE.... Though this woill cange once 1800mhz is activated on Three.

My personal phone is a 5s on EE which works on all freqs. My other phone (used for work) is an original 5 and I put a 3 PAYG SIM into it to test and I get 4G/LTE signal from my local mast. It shows in the Field Test mode that this is Band 3, which is 1800mhz. Just as it shows on my 5s in field test mode.

3 and EE are not sharing 4G other than the physical mast as I understand it, they have separate equipment cabinets and backhaul. Only 3G is shared under the MBNL contract.

The Moto G is a brilliant bit of kit, its just not very good at technical diagnostics, doesn't show the LTE status, such as frequency band or channel width which I would like to see. :-/

Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Wed 30-Jul-14 08:39:14
Print Post

Oh my bad then, What area is this your testing in.

Standard User brandscill
(committed) Wed 30-Jul-14 13:51:41
Print Post

iPhone 5 on Three

Get 4G in Portsmouth, Crawley, London, Manchester and Southampton.

Had it since early this year so I guess 1800mhz is live

BT ADSL 4.7Mbps (Actual)
Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Wed 30-Jul-14 13:55:18
Print Post

[re: brandscill] [link to this post]

Oh cool, what's speeds like?

Standard User mlmclaren
(member) Wed 30-Jul-14 15:01:44
Print Post

Any idea what catagory the 4G is on moto g

So max DS 100mbps/150mbps

????

Edited by mlmclaren (Wed 30-Jul-14 15:11:58)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 30-Jul-14 19:32:23
Print Post

Oh my bad then, What area is this your testing in.

Farnborough & Aldershot, north east Hampshire on the Surrey border.

I read the Moto G 4G is Cat 3 device, same as iPhone 5 and 5s, and the Galaxy S3 LTE, and I think the S4 - which is upto 100Mbps downlink in perfect conditions. Highest speed I've seen is 30Mbps downlink. Generally getting about 10Mbps now. Highest seen on EE 4G at Heathrow was 65 Mbps.

The UK/European spec Moto G 4G supports 800, 1800 and 2600 - known as bands 20, 3 and 7 in LTE speak.

Standard User francisuk25
(learned) Thu 31-Jul-14 01:23:34
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

Would love to see a Passmark test tongue but no one has uploaded one yet. http://www.passmark.com/products/pt_mobile.htm

Virgin Media XL TV with a Samsung TiVo 1TB box.
Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro, Sync speeds: DL Speed: 57146 kbps, UP Speed, 19075 kbps
Sky Hub SR101 & Openreach NGA ECI-CPE-Modem Type 1B Modem, D-Link DIR-615 D2 as a WiFi Access Point 2
BT Exchange: MILL HILL served by Cabinet 27
My Thinkbroadband Broadband Quality Monitor
O2 - UK 3G Mobile Broadband Speed
DNS: SafeDNS & OpenDNS
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 24-Aug-14 13:15:59
Print Post

[re: francisuk25] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by francisuk25:
Would love to see a Passmark test tongue but no one has uploaded one yet.

See BL# 387392 and I bet there are others smile

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Aug-14 15:13:39
Print Post

I've got it I think it's a cracking phone.
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Mon 25-Aug-14 03:01:38
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

Me too, I got it on Amazon when it was showing up one weekend at the £139.99 mark and went for it. Early Xmas pressie for me ! Reached 42Mb download in West London in the middle of the night. Great phone.

Sky Broadband
(knowledge is power) Mon 25-Aug-14 14:23:51
Print Post

[re: fabyon] [link to this post]

Yes same price for me. Although I have not yet had any 4G on it because I am currently on virgin mobile but I have put a 3 sim in and stood in cardiff and see it on the display

I got mine from Tesco
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Wed 27-Aug-14 01:20:14
Print Post

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
Yes same price for me. Although I have not yet had any 4G on it because I am currently on virgin mobile but I have put a 3 sim in and stood in cardiff and see it on the display

I got mine from Tesco

I'm on giffgaff and joined the 4G trial but I'm happy to use it only with 3G as I'm a low user, I just want peace of mind that I can be contacted and find my way around with maps etc... laugh

Sky Broadband
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Aug-14 14:52:37
Print Post

Is it good on their 4G? I am thinking about using them. I just don't get a great O2 signal around here.. that said never tried it but the others are all rubbish due to the house so not sure if O2 would be different
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Wed 27-Aug-14 16:01:44
Print Post

Not really, I only managed 42mb download at 5am; during the day as you can imagine (I'm in Shepherds Bush) it's very congested despite having 5 masts around me. I got a 'great' 3Mb download and 10Mb upload in the middle of the afternoon. If you check the giffgaff forum there's a lot of grumbling for their abysmal speed, someone posted an interesting data sheet about how MVNO get the leftovers of any capacity on masts as priority is given to business users, then networks and finally MVNOs (depending on their agreements); someone noticed that there's a huge difference between Tesco and giffgaff both running on O2. It seems Tesco are probably paying more for a better service, since giffgaff is probably seen by Telefonica as an 'experiment' they're not that worried that they're cannibalising it. To be honest most of my relatives are on giffgaff that means I just have to top up with the fiver goodybag every three months to keep the free txt and calls to giffgaff users. The first daily 20mb are charged at 1p/mb and then a eye watering 20p/mb using the airtime credits obviously if one uses the goody bag then one has an allowance and anything over that is charged at 2pence/mb. Since I'm a low user that daily 20mb is just fine plus the free calls I never spend more than 20 quid a year.

Sky Broadband
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Aug-14 18:01:19
Print Post

I've just been looking at the site.

I am home most of the day so I could get chatting on the forum. I do like the sound of payback which means a free phone service after what 6 months?

I use about 100mins 500 sms and about 40MB of data so it's ideal for me also. They do get the last bit and I have heard great things about O2 but I wouldn't use the allowance let alone the extras.

I was on 3 so the 3.2.1 is something I might go back to. If all your family are on GG and you get free calls then what the hell, makes sense. And you only have top up to get he calls not get a GB- just so you know. I just read and double read it on their website

I'm registered on there but never activated my sim which has run out - I have ordered a new one and I hope it's a 3G one.

Their new goodbybags are good. The £18 one is basically what I pay on Virgin for unlimited everything right now.

I just wish you could get a sim without having to pay to register it - I made that mistake with Voda and that was £10 down the drain. Mind you I can't get very good signal in my house so I guess it dosen't matter - they will all work outdoors

Edited by pcoventry76 (Wed 27-Aug-14 18:30:47)

(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 16:40:06
Print Post

I've decided to go back to 3 on the 3,2,1 tariff for now. I rarely use my phone and I use my landline more than I do my mobile.

I might get 4G in cardiff but wouldn't use it at 3P a MB lol

I used to use the weq4u app for all 08 numbers but I didn't know you can also use it via a landline and having unlimited minutes means I don't need the mobile ones anymore.

The Giffgaff offerings look good now they have been changed but is it worth it when people all report slow speeds on the data. ?

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 29-Aug-14 17:03:34)

(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 17:21:25
Print Post

Not round here - EE you have to pay to get double 4G and that's around 50mbps - 3, well you've seen the screenshots I did for 4G in cardiff on 3. 64Mbps down.

I am going there tomorrow so I will do another test then. As you know where I currently live I am about 15M outside of the EE 4G area - otherwise I would have them, but they don't yet to PAYG 4G sims and I don't want a CONtract.

This moto 4G is a mighty phone. Its got the same sort of feel as a Nexus 4/5 in terms of vanilla android. I chose this after my S4 broke down and my Iphone 4S was a disaster from ebay. I was going to get a 5S or even a 6 but decided this was what I wanted - at £139 at the time best buy in ages!
Standard User Galoka
(learned) Fri 29-Aug-14 17:44:54
Print Post

[re: gmoorc] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gmoorc:
Nice. Got the 4.4.4 update yet?
This hasn't fixed the class 10 sd card issue for me although I only get a problem when rebooting with the Transcend card I am using.

I bought a Tesco locked one (tho unlocked it for about £1.5) ) a couple of months back . I recieved the 4.4.4 update a a few weeks ago.
Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(committed) Fri 29-Aug-14 17:52:50
Print Post

You know, it does make you wonder how civilisation/businesses managed before the mobile phone/internet..............
Standard User Galoka
(learned) Fri 29-Aug-14 17:55:27
Print Post

The Giffgaff offerings look good now they have been changed but is it worth it when people all report slow speeds on the data. ?

Who are 'all the people'?

I can't say I seem to suffer form generally slow speeds, I've never really bothered to go round testing it, but it doesn't feel any different really yo my wife's iPhone on O2. Certainly seems fast enough when on a good HSPA+ connection.

As ever though, it's the people who are unhappy with something that will make the effort to post about it online.
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:20:24
Print Post

[re: Galoka] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Galoka:

I can't say I seem to suffer form generally slow speeds, I've never really bothered to go round testing it, but it doesn't feel any different really yo my wife's iPhone on O2. Certainly seems fast enough when on a good HSPA+ connection.

As ever though, it's the people who are unhappy with something that will make the effort to post about it online.

It wouldn't as giffgaff piggyback on O2 laugh

Sky Broadband
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:25:29
Print Post

I've decided to go back to 3 on the 3,2,1 tariff for now. I rarely use my phone and I use my landline more than I do my mobile.

I used to use the weq4u app for all 08 numbers but I didn't know you can also use it via a landline and having unlimited minutes means I don't need the mobile ones anymore.

Are you aware that Three have a new nifty app like the O2 one that will use your home wifi to send/receive calls and texts ? For people who have a lousy signal indoor I think it's a clever option, mind you the usage gets taken out from your credit but it's a shrewd way of THREE getting people off their masts when they're home or nearby a wifi source (the app can sense that and activate itself).

If giffgaff make more annoying changes or increase their per MB prices (it's 1p up to 20mb daily if I read right on pure payg) then I'll probably switch too but at the moment I stay put. laugh

Sky Broadband
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:53:23
Print Post

[re: Stevenage_Neil] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stevenage_Neil:
You know, it does make you wonder how civilisation/businesses managed before the mobile phone/internet..............

We managed fine. The 80's were sweet before all this tech [censored] came along.
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:54:40
Print Post

No, I was only aware of the stupid 3 app which wants an update every day.

Edit - got it! thanks man! smile

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 29-Aug-14 18:57:17)

(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:55:45
Print Post

Fair enough

I guess the 159 page thread is such people
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:56:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by fabyon:

I guess people don't give a dam after 6 months when their Payback starts to roll in. As GG becomes free anyway.

A mad concept but I know people who live on their payback.,
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Fri 29-Aug-14 18:59:06
Print Post

No, I was only aware of the stupid 3 app which wants an update every day.

Edit - got it! thanks man! smile

Cool ! You're quick by the time I realised you posted this on my phone and me going upstairs to my desktop so I could type properly ...it got sorted ! LOL

Anyhoo for those of you who might read this thread and have Three but a pig of a signal at home it's worth investigating > http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Three_inTouch

Sky Broadband

Edited by fabyon (Fri 29-Aug-14 19:01:59)

(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 19:01:07
Print Post

Thanks anyway for the effort!

I will try it now. I assume data is a mute point? as you have data anyway when on wifi.

I've got my PAC code and I am just topping this up to test smile
Standard User fabyon
(experienced) Fri 29-Aug-14 19:04:19
Print Post

Thanks anyway for the effort!

I will try it now. I assume data is a mute point? as you have data anyway when on wifi.

I've got my PAC code and I am just topping this up to test smile

Yes of course ! wink I remember reading a post about someone who wanted an internet booster femtocell box (like the Voda signal sure) so he could use data on his phone and everyone trying to make him understand that since he had wi-fi....well that's another story, I guess ! laugh

Sky Broadband
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 19:14:58
Print Post

3 do one but you have to prove why you need it - probably why they did the app as it was too much hassle - and to keep up with the rest.
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 19:49:42
Print Post

Have a 3 sim activated in my phone so H+ is flowing and Play store says....

This item isn't available for your carrier

::facepalm.
Standard User Davey_H
(newbie) Fri 29-Aug-14 19:54:04
Print Post

I wouldn't call it nifty.

You need to be connected to 3/4G to activate it (which is ridiculous given the point of the app) it doesn't integrate with the Android dialer/SMS clients, and I hate the stupid persistent notification.
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 19:57:19
Print Post

[re: Davey_H] [link to this post]

okay but considering I don't get any signal in this old victorian house will it help me?

I've got plenty of internet.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 29-Aug-14 19:58:42)

Standard User Davey_H
(newbie) Fri 29-Aug-14 20:05:14
Print Post

Yes. But you'll need to go somewhere with signal to activate it first. Its a nice idea, I just think they've done a poor job implementing it.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Aug-14 20:23:51
Print Post

1p per megabyte. So £10 gets you 1 gigabyte of data, but without the 30 day expiry of the data SIMs.

3p per minute calls, 2p per text message, and 1p per megabyte.

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 20:42:49
Print Post

Thanks James,

I am glad I got it back to front laugh
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 20:44:04
Print Post

[re: Davey_H] [link to this post]

I've managed to get it working by going outside and activated it.

Maybe but Virgin mobile can't use EE's so I'm best off with this. I've tested it and it seems to work fine.

Had I know about this when I moved in I wouldn't have bothered with a landline
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 29-Aug-14 20:44:09
Print Post

I am glad I got it back to front laugh

smile

I've got an AAISP data SIM for my MiFi, but I never use it, as its 2p per megabyte and doesn't do 4G (its on the 3 network). Technically great with static IP and unfiltered, but too costly for my occasional use.

(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 20:55:01
Print Post

I've heard good things about that.

I just stood outside in the rain and with 4 bars and H+ the signal died and it said it could not register.

I also tried in my old S2 and it did the same so it's not the phone. Ill have to go and walk somewhere to get a better signal .
(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 21:02:12
Print Post

Now I have got it working I think it's brill thanks again for letting me know.

I find it odd that you can't have the phone in aeroplane mode. I assume even with the wifi on the phone can't connect with the network? It's green but when I ring it then it goes to voicemail

I guess keeping the phone on is not a bad thing but if it can't get signal then does it matter.

JC was right - not very well done - after all if I can get signal somewhere why would I need wifi?

So it's a wifi calling app that relys on the phone having some form of signal with the network. But it routes the calls over wifi insteal.

::edit::

scrub that- if you go into the settings and choose " Keep wifi alive" then it works in aeroplane mode.. Provided the dot does not go blue then you get answerphone (as it's done twice already)

Edited by pcoventry76 (Fri 29-Aug-14 21:08:58)

(knowledge is power) Fri 29-Aug-14 21:22:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by jchamier:

1p per megabyte. So £10 gets you 1 gigabyte of data, but without the 30 day expiry of the data SIMs.

3p per minute calls, 2p per text message, and 1p per megabyte.

Explains why I got charged 6p for a 1 min 1 second call lol
Standard User Galoka
(learned) Fri 29-Aug-14 21:38:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by fabyon:

But the sugestion is that Giffgaff gets a slower speed than O2 customers, that doesn't seem to be my expereince
(knowledge is power) Tue 02-Sep-14 15:02:33
Print Post

Well I've ported back to 3 and I am using the app. For some reason it keeps going blue and calls can't get through. I have it set to keep wifi live all the time.

Still better than nothing at all.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Tue 02-Sep-14 16:47:36
Print Post

I bought a Tesco locked one (tho unlocked it for about £1.5) ) a couple of months back . I recieved the 4.4.4 update a a few weeks ago.
who are tho? - or is that a typo?

Michael Chare
(knowledge is power) Tue 02-Sep-14 17:53:13
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

short for although I think
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Tue 02-Sep-14 20:34:24
Print Post

I was really wondering who he found to do it for £1.50

Michael Chare
(knowledge is power) Tue 02-Sep-14 21:16:14
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Indeed, I think he meant £15 also.

Although if you buy one on 3 they will unlock it for free.
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Sep-14 00:26:30
Print Post

Well I jumped onto the GG bandwagon. It's on O2 so as there is a transmitter at the end of the road I have indoor signal and I can now have my load balancer on again as I don't need wifi

Happy days!
Standard User Galoka
(learned) Tue 09-Sep-14 11:51:29
Print Post

Sorry, being lazy, meant 'though'.

It was indeed £1.50 from an Ebay seller about 2 months ago.But they don't seem to be offering the service anymore, and indeed I see prices are more like £15+ on there now (a few months ago there were a number of sellers offering to do it for a few quid)
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Sep-14 22:47:57
Print Post

This app is a god send, or it would be if it didnt nick all my SMS messages when closed and I am not on wifi and then not tell me about it. I have had to bin using it for now.

My moto 4G sold on ebay for £125, not a bad return on my investment smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to