General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Aug-14 23:44:42
Print Post

How the hell can EE justify.

[link to this post]

Get 2GB of data for just £75 abroad!?

I thought the rules and law changed to stop this? even a business wouldn't pay £37.50 a GB!
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Aug-14 07:22:57
Print Post

Re: How the hell can EE justify.

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pcoventry76:
Get 2GB of data for just £75 abroad!?
I thought the rules and law changed to stop this? even a business wouldn't pay £37.50 a GB!

I haven't seen that on the website, but I assume its non EU countries only.

Roaming outside the EU is expensive, on all networks. I believe a lot of the money goes to the overseas network.

James - plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Aug-14 10:08:46
Print Post

Various packages can opt you out of the EU caps. So if £75 for 2GB is a package sold as such then its possible.

Look at cost of some payg per MB rates and 2000MB can be that expensive at home.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Aug-14 13:38:13
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

They offer the option to use unlimited minutes and texts for £1.66 a day but it's on the bottom of the business page
Standard User DougMacp
(newbie) Wed 20-Aug-14 14:49:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The 2GB package IS for Europe - but it lasts for 12 months (other boosters last 24hrs or 7 days). I guess the idea is you can continually dip in and out of it on regular trips to EU. Anyone know what the EU commissions' cap on roaming data is?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Aug-14 14:54:57
Print Post

[re: DougMacp] [link to this post]

50 Euros

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hypertony
(experienced) Wed 20-Aug-14 15:25:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by jchamier:
Roaming outside the EU is expensive, on all networks. I believe a lot of the money goes to the overseas network.

Look at Three. They offer data roaming for free as part of your existing plan for Australia, USA, etc.

If a smaller company can do this, I'm sure others can do the same too...

- Tony Sutton
- Check out my Ford Focus ST170 site | View my Car's Dashcam Videos
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 20-Aug-14 20:33:19
Print Post

[re: hypertony] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hypertony:
If a smaller company can do this, I'm sure others can do the same too...

Three is great (I have a three MiFi) but signal is so variable, I can't afford to use them as a mobile provider.

James - plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Aug-14 22:43:25
Print Post

Does anyone know please of a Mobile company that does a USB dongle that can also have a micro sim in it that I can take out?

I'm trying to find a solution where I can use my tablet/keyboard with has USB when away but also just use the nano sim in my ipad when I am home.

would it be a case of buying one and getting a sim like a giffgaff one? I mention them as they are the only provider I know of that does a sim which has a micro and nano adapter all in one.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 21-Aug-14 08:21:27
Print Post

You can buy sim adapters for very little money. I used to use one to convert between full size and micro for just this purpose. I also prefer MiFi devices to USB sticks as they work with anything that has WiFi (including iPads, phones, etc) and you don't need to install drivers.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to