General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TMCR
(member) Mon 22-Dec-14 19:43:10
Print Post

20% off EE Mobile Broadband offer found

[link to this post]

I have nothing to do with the website I got the code from, or the company I am getting the product from. I just wanted to pass on a tip I've used myself.

I did a Google for "EE Voucher Codes" and found one with a link which says "20% off 24 Month Mobile Broadband Devices at EE" - I've been advised not to mention the specific site and I don't pass on codes, so as not to upset the site providing them smile You'll have to do a bit of Googling wink

I followed the link and got the code - no tricks, do not follow the affiliate link if you don't want to. I then went to the EE site and placed and order for their Mobile Broadband with a Kite device and 15GB of data.

The price came down from £20 a month to only £16 a month, on a 24 month contract (but they are anyway) - with the Kite device free.

I had tried going direct to EE/Orange sales, as I've been a customer since 1996. They offered me two choices, the Kite with 5GB for £15 or with 20Gb for £20, that's a 25% data allowance boost, but at the normal prices. They could not match the deal.

I did have a bit of a problem where they referred the order, someone called me to ask about the discount voucher code, but I told them where I got it and they accepted it. The online ordering system verified it and applied the discount, so it must be right.

I think that £16 a month for the deal I got was great, and wanted to post on the forum about it. Not sure if it would be seen as advertising./spam, which is the last thing on my mind. I have checked with the site team before posting.

It's a good deal, that's all.

Virgin Cable (50/3) + EE Mobile BB

Edited by TMCR (Mon 22-Dec-14 19:44:26)

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Tue 23-Dec-14 12:55:16
Print Post

Re: 20% off EE Mobile Broadband offer found

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

Looks like they don't regard a Sim as a device!

Michael Chare
Standard User Redback911
(newbie) Sun 28-Dec-14 19:27:53
Print Post

Woohoo, thanks TMCR!

I was looking to sign up for the EE 50Gb (monthly) deal at £50 GBP. Then I read your post and Googled the code, saving me a whopping £240 over the life of the contract.

Just a heads up for anyone else, I applied and used the discount code via the EE website but then had to wait for a call back to complete the sign-up. Initially the call handler told me I could not use the code but after a bit of a polite persistence (asking why not) it was escalated and accepted.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TMCR
(member) Mon 29-Dec-14 00:22:03
Print Post

[re: Redback911] [link to this post]

Good news, and a great saving. I save £96 over the course of 2 years on mine.

As long as you've found the code for yourself and can name the website where it was seen then EE can't really do anything. Which is why I didn't just post the code here smile

If it's accepted as valid on their signup page then they should honour it. I also had to wait for a call back to verify the code, crazy really.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 29-Dec-14 09:17:23
Print Post

why cant you post the code here?

when I ordered 2 days ago I googled and no codes I found worked or I had to follow dodgy links.

Standard User TMCR
(member) Mon 29-Dec-14 11:17:53
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
why cant you post the code here?

when I ordered 2 days ago I googled and no codes I found worked or I had to follow dodgy links.

I just tried Google for myself, I looked for "EE Voucher Codes" and the very first link was the one I had used. I have been back through the EE site and it is still accepting that code today.

Try "EE Voucher Codes 20%" - that also brings up the site I found and has the description "21 Dec 2014 - Find working ee voucher codes at xxxxxxxxxx. Valid discounts and ... 20% off EE Accessories using discount code @ EE. 20% offCode" (I've xxxx'd the site name)

I mentioned in the original post that I had asked the TBB site team before posting as I know there are rules about advertising and so on. I was asked not to post the website itself and the website concerned do not want their codes posting elsewhere.

FYI. Here is the message I got from TBB site team: "We don't have an issue with you explaining your story and providing the voucher code for others to use provided it's not one that generates you any revenue, but I'd probably err on avoiding linking to a specific voucher code site. There are various sites out there each with their benefits so it's probably best if someone needs to find a specific page with deals they search for it."

If you think about it, imagine the scenario both myself and Redback911 were in, EE call back to question the voucher code - what would you say?, "oh, someone posted it on Think Broadband' - and they then disallow it as that was not where the code was issued. For it to be valid you HAVE to find it for yourself and be able to say where it was seen.

In my original post I said "do not follow the affiliate link" - just write down the code, visit the EE site and enter it there. On the site concerned I clicked the 'Get code and visit site' button, a box popped up, I copied the code and exited that site - then went direct to EE.

All I tried to do here was pass on something that worked for me, and has since worked for at least one other person. I don't get anything out of it, I've no connection to the site where the code was found. I tried to give as much info as I could and was pleased to see that Redback911 managed to make a big saving because of that.

If you had asked here I doubt I could have said much more to guide you, it was all in my original post.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 29-Dec-14 15:07:49
Print Post

I think I found the site in question but the redirect is a no go for me as they use a ad/tracking domain which I block on my router.

Its too late for me anyway as I already signed upto EE, I am more bothered that I signed up to what looks like not their best plan.

I paying 34 month for 2 gig data and 1000mins
There is another plan for the same 34 month with unlimited mins and 10 gig data but with an extra 60 upfront for phone, breaking down the extra upfront to 24 months is just over an extra £2 month, I then checked the data addons which are way more expensive than £2 per month for an extra 8 gig of data. However the caveat is most months I wont be using any mobile data at all, and when I do use it it probably wont be over 2 gig. So its a choice of paying for peace of mind of 0 gig available data at a better price or keeping as is but paying a premium should I need to use that data.

Standard User TMCR
(member) Mon 29-Dec-14 22:13:00
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

The good news seems to be that you didn't lose out on the offer after all as I think you've signed up for a phone contract and the offer was for mobile broadband devices - no minutes, just data smile The discount code would not have worked.

Standard User TMCR
(committed) Fri 30-Jan-15 08:50:17
Print Post

Just to note that this 'offer' has now vanished from the site I found it on.

Also that EE got it wrong - my first bill didn't include the 20% discount, I had to phone and remind them about it.

The first bill is a paper bill, you have to pay it somehow. The guy took my card details and said it was paid, then set up a direct debit. All good until I just got the next (electronic) bill, to find a £3.50 charge on there for paying by a method other than DD !

Of course. I've called them again and got that removed - but you would think a company of that size would be able to get it right first time ?

Standard User martinsq
(member) Fri 30-Jan-15 23:48:13
Print Post

Company of THAT size is absolutely useless at admin.

3 years ago I signed up for MBB in the shop, no DD mentioned.
Of course thay added the 'non DD' charge. After some persuation they put 'refund non DD' credit on my account, only that was about 0.54 less then the actual non DD charge !
I couldn't get them to admit to it, but it seems their higher mangenent, doesn't now about the 'refund non DD' facilty, and so they couln't get it incresed to match 'non DD' amount !
So every six months I had to phone up, explain that, then persuade their opo to refund the difference.
Eventually in July / August 2013 the Orange MBB virtually ceased to work at my house, so I refused to pay the bill, and my SIM was disabled. Their tech people said they can't test it with out the SIM working, and I said I am not paying £13.70 again for them just to test it....!
( I have meanwhile boughy PAYG T-Mob SIM that worked OKish, still does..!)

So the SIM has been disabled for nearly 18 months, but they still send me bills and reminders twice a month.., it's £230+ now...

How long do you recon until they twig ?
Regards,
Martin
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to