General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mikeashworth
(newbie) Tue 30-Dec-14 11:41:23
Print Post

Three mobile broadband top-up "in queue"

[link to this post]

On 24th Dec I bought a PAYG internet allowance for 30 days of 1GB for the Three mobile broadband dongle I use with my laptop which I use when I am away from a wireless connection. It worked so well that I used all the data allowance, so I bought a top up 30 days with 3GB. However the new allowance is marked "in queue" which means "it won't become active until the current Add-on has been used". It says that the first allowance has zero MB remaining but doesn't seem to countvthiscas having been used. It looks like it won't activate the new allowance until the first one expires on 24rd Jan!

Any idea how I get around this?

Thanks
Mike
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Dec-14 14:44:21
Print Post

Re: Three mobile broadband top-up "in queue"

[re: mikeashworth] [link to this post]

Did you buy the 3GB or did you top up by that amount of money? I managed to top up once by mistake, and then had to go through the same screens to "buy" the data allowance for the same amount, for it to use the top up.

They apparently do this so you can roam (non Feel-at-home countries) and use the credit for SMS etc.

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
Standard User mikeashworth
(newbie) Tue 30-Dec-14 15:49:13
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I topped up thinking I was doing the right thing
I'll look to see how to buy instead
Thanks
Mike

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 30-Dec-14 17:05:08
Print Post

[re: mikeashworth] [link to this post]

Its not obvious the first time you go through those screens. smile

plusnet unlimited fibre - 2 Jun 14 - 470m - 80/20 - Summer/dry sync 55/9.4, Winter/wet sync 52/9.1
15 years broadband (1999 ntl:cable trial) - Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM - Summer PN speed - Winter PN speed
  Print Thread

Jump to