General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wytco0
(learned) Tue 13-Jan-15 16:51:09
Print Post

Default 4G Broadband - more than 100GB per Month - Any optio

[link to this post]

Hi I am trying to find if there are any UK 4G providers that will allow larger data amounts per per month? but I can't find any.

Currently I am using EE with a 15GB per month limit, I can upgrade to 30GB per month with EE but they don't seem to do more.

Using my ADSL I normally use about 125 GB per month so Ideally I would like something that allowed that or more.

Is there such a thing available?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 13-Jan-15 17:44:31
Print Post

Re: Default 4G Broadband - more than 100GB per Month - Any o

[re: wytco0] [link to this post]

You missed the 100GB free SIMs last November I guess.

Think I've seen a 50GB allowance on EE site, but it is being slow today, so not going to go digging around

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User wytco0
(learned) Tue 13-Jan-15 18:11:12
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Yes I only found out about that today ;-(

Think I've seen a 50GB allowance on EE site, but it is being slow today, so not going to go digging around
OK Thanks I will have a look for that.

There must be some users (probably in semi rural areas like me) who have switched to mobile broadband ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fearby
(committed) Tue 13-Jan-15 19:58:03
Print Post

I have made the switch as even with bonded ADSL I was only getting 3-4MB bandwidth.

I am on EE 50GB allowance for £50 a month using a Huawei B593s-2 router as modem and then an Asus RT-N66u with a VPN for my LAN.

It is good apart from in stormy weather when 3 bars of 4G became 1 bar of 3G. I was trying to find a 4G USB stick that would work with my Asus router with the Merlin firmware.
Standard User bookey
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 13-Jan-15 20:39:39
Print Post

EE do offer larger packages for business connections but the price does rise with the data amount.

Paul
Standard User sfo32
(learned) Sun 29-Mar-15 17:03:31
Print Post

[re: bookey] [link to this post]

Is this still current? I can't find anything above 25Gb per month on the EE website, and an online chat (with a not hugely knowledgeable rep, I admit) seemed to confirm that.

Basically we have an application where we need a minimum of 50 and maybe up to 100Gb per month. We also need a static IP.

Why so much data? Basically we are trying to replace a massively slow broadband connection in a busy medium-sized office. 4G coverage is excellent at the location and speed tests very impressive. Obviously it is going to cost an arm and a leg and possibly even more, but if we can't find a product with enough data allowance the whole project is a non-starter.
Standard User bookey
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 29-Mar-15 17:22:13
Print Post

[re: sfo32] [link to this post]

I think I am upfront enough here not to break any forum rules. I work for EE in Corporate sales and if you want to PM me your contact details I will see how best we can assist.

Paul
Standard User sfo32
(learned) Sun 29-Mar-15 17:42:13
Print Post

[re: bookey] [link to this post]

Thanks Paul. If it is beneficial to the posters then surely it can't be against the rules smile PMing you now.
Standard User nemeth782
(member) Tue 31-Mar-15 16:11:28
Print Post

[re: sfo32] [link to this post]

Look at the small business section, and if it comes to it, tell them you are a sole trader.

50GB is £41.67+VAT (so £50) a month. I've just ordered 7 of them for work.

If you go Sim only, talk to carphone warehouse instead, as we managed to get just over £200 cashback per sim for going Sim only from them, EE would not budge on pricing.

80GB is, from memory, £100 a month. It goes up in silly increments and you'd be better buying two sims and swapping them midway through the month.
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Sat 04-Apr-15 11:56:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

It was only 100GB for a couple of months as far as I remember, not an "all time" offer.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to