General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andaroo79
(newbie) Mon 11-May-15 10:01:29
Print Post

Re: Default 4G Broadband - more than 100GB per Month - Any o

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

maybe so, but at this moment in time, the phone isn't reporting to three that there is anything tethered to the phone.

Dont forget that three rely on the devices ability to report it, threes system merely responds to this.

The OP asked if people were using mobile broadband to transfer a large volume of data. There we have it.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 11-May-15 18:38:03
Print Post

[re: andaroo79] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andaroo79:
maybe so, but at this moment in time, the phone isn't reporting to three that there is anything tethered to the phone.

Dont forget that three rely on the devices ability to report it, threes system merely responds to this.

The OP asked if people were using mobile broadband to transfer a large volume of data. There we have it.

Three also use deep packet inspection and look at the end point of the traffic and know that if you're for example accessing the Windows Update servers (or Apple Update, or CentOS YUM repositories) then this isn't likely to be phone traffic. TrafficSense is three's name for this platform, and all the networks do it.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 product - Installed 2 June 14 - April Sync 57 / 11 with G.INP
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Speedtest
Standard User andaroo79
(newbie) Mon 11-May-15 19:32:45
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Maybe the end point/specific urls and domains.

They can slow down the throughput of certain traffic, but I question the fact you think they are using deep packet inspection. A VPN quickly makes this process a pointless endeavour. Wouldnt a VPN slow down as well?

A quick look at the vodafone website for example shows that that they do not prioritise or slow down any protocols or services...........

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User slowbroadband2
(newbie) Thu 21-May-15 18:00:13
Print Post

[re: andaroo79] [link to this post]

For those of you confused about whether EE still offer 4G Home Broadband - they do.

I got it last month and I'm really happy with it. You don't need a line installed - all you need is 4G signal. It's also really easy to set up - you just plug it in and you have internet in seconds.

I got the 20GB plan for £25 a month, and I've found that to be more than enough. If you think you need more, I know they also offer 30GB for £30 or 50GB for £40.

They don't really advertise the product but I managed to find some information on it here - hope that helps!

http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/family-home/home-broadband...
Standard User tomiot
(newbie) Thu 02-Feb-17 15:20:47
Print Post

[re: wytco0] [link to this post]

Hi

Im sure that you got sorted out, but just in case your 4G SIM contract is up for renewal I found a new contract SIM that offers 100GB per month of inclusive data per month for £70.00 + VAT

It was available for O2 and Vodafone networks - only downside is that it is for 24 months - but 100GB 4G SIM for £70.00 per month is pretty good value these days

I found it hidden away on a website when I was looking for a new antenna for my 4G router - I asked them if it was real and they confirmed it was.
Standard User mHm
(newbie) Tue 21-Mar-17 11:31:11
Print Post

[re: tomiot] [link to this post]

Apparently you can get the £75 offer down to half by using this discount code: k01-RENZ-2RTW-EXZT
And it's a 12 month plan, not 24 (per today 21 March 2017)

Also, the price is INCL of VAT.

What I found odd is that they seem to insist you buy this strange window sill router, no option of not getting it if you already have your own 4G router.
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 21-Mar-17 12:37:06
Print Post

[re: mHm] [link to this post]

can you PM me the site please? I am interested
Standard User 23Prince
(experienced) Tue 21-Mar-17 19:04:29
Print Post

[re: mHm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mHm:
Apparently you can get the £75 offer down to half by using this discount code: k01-RENZ-2RTW-EXZT
And it's a 12 month plan, not 24 (per today 21 March 2017)

Also, the price is INCL of VAT.

What I found odd is that they seem to insist you buy this strange window sill router, no option of not getting it if you already have your own 4G router.

"Invalid voucher, please re check it"

Thanks anyway smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to