General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 26-Feb-15 21:59:49
Print Post

Mystery Galaxy "in-app purchase installed"

[link to this post]

I just had a notification on my Galaxy SIII saying that.

I haven't a clue what it is likely to be or what it cost. Presumably something will show up on my credit or debit cards in a couple of days if I remember how to check the credit cards online.

Can anyone suggest how to find out on the phone what it was please? The pages of downloaded apps down help, and it was an in-app purchase anyway.

Not happy!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 60.0/17.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Feb-15 22:22:03
Print Post

Re: Mystery Galaxy "in-app purchase installed"

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Galaxy IAP is merely a component of the Galaxy Apps store that is forcibly updated from time to time. Its installation doesn't mean you have made a purchase.

In a similar way, Google Play Services is automatically updated on those Android devices where Google Play is available - though this is completely silent as it is regarded as a privileged part of the operating system. Google Play Services is actually far more than ancillary services for a store - it contains client libraries for interacting with Google services such as Maps and Drive.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 26-Feb-15 22:23:38
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

Thanks David. That makes sense. I was quite worried smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 60.0/17.0Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Feb-15 01:52:00
Print Post

Look in Galaxy Apps / Payment Methods to see if you have any.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 27-Feb-15 10:49:53
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Excellent, thanks also. Took me a while to find the menu in Galaxy Apps - daft non-standard placement frown.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Feb-15 22:55:46
Print Post

Good! Thought many Android apps have a soft menu @ Top L.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 12-Mar-15 20:01:00
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

So it seems, and thanks again. Except I've now found it isn't always at the top left. Some are top right and some bottom right. Particularly on non-Galaxy. (I've now got a new Sony Z3) and also have a (crazy-moment buy from September 2013) LG 4XHD. The latter has proved very useful as the Samsung got traded in and I'm still finding my way round the Z3. Number Port from the Samsung to the Z3 supposed to be happening soon.

Going from the Samsung to the LG, (which I have used occasionally since buying it), in terms of the Android implementation it opened my eyes to what people say about Samsung burying it in their own gubbage. But on the Sony it must be almost native.

It's like going from a cruise ship to a ferry-boat to a motor-boat speed-boat.

Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4 (interleaved)/15.6Mbps @ 600m. - IPv4BQM IPv6BQM
  Print Thread

Jump to