General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ruraldebugging
(newbie) Sat 04-Apr-15 19:27:46
Print Post

3G Bonding

[link to this post]

Bonding may not be the right term, but does anyone have experience of taking 2 3G routers with SIM's from different providers (Three and EE) and making a single IP connection out of it.

Most of the day either connection is fine, but when those lovely people with smart phones get home or at peak weekend times the connection drops and resets. At very busy times it can drop every 15 minutes or so. So until BT and the Welsh Government get their act together and connect up the FTTP cables put up in December but won't be jointed until at least October, we need a more reliable stop gap.

http://ruraldebugging.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/go-do-i...

Any recommendations or experiences?
Standard User bookey
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Apr-15 20:19:07
Print Post

Re: 3G Bonding

[re: ruraldebugging] [link to this post]

Hi Clive,

Impressive setup, but you cannot bound across more than one carrier due the separate IP stacks. I work for EE and I can see various bits of network information, PM me your location and I will see where our serving cells are, might be of some use to you.

Paul
Standard User cmrayer
(committed) Sun 05-Apr-15 11:44:37
Print Post

We used these and they were very stable but I haven't tried the WAN failover option though it definitely supports it either with the internal radio or a secondary USB connected one.

http://www.proroute.co.uk/proroute-dual-sim-routers/...

Cheers,

Charles

Sky FTTC - 38Mb/9.5Mb

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RangeXD
(newbie) Mon 06-Apr-15 18:35:36
Print Post

Hello,

We have a great deal of experience bonding multiple 3G channels across multiple different carriers, using WiBE. With it's revolutionary antenna technology, WIBE also boost throughput, even before bonding is applied.

Bonding across EE and 3 is currently our most frequently deployed set-up, as this provides a good compromise between speed and resilience. We find Velocomms a reliable and cost effective provider of the bonded solution itself -> www.velocomms.com

For more information, see one of our customer stories here, from our Sister company -> http://rangexd.com/deltenna

If you have any further questions, drop me an email to info@rangexd.com and I'll get back to you.

Best regards,

Peter

(Marketing at RangeXD)
Standard User 5km
(knowledge is power) Mon 06-Apr-15 22:54:28
Print Post

All depends on how technical you want to get and how much you are willing to spend...

You could take a Mikrotik RouterBoard BR953GS, install two Sierra Wireless MC7710's and configure with Per-Connection Classifier (PCC) load balancing.

Screenshot showing LTE1 connected to EE 4G and LTE2 connected to EE 3G and balancing the load to achieve 29Mbps. If one connection goes down then the other is used on it's own until it reconnects.

FYI if you've already got two 4G routers that have Ethernet then you can set up the same by connecting both routers to an RB750

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro:- Speed Test | TBB Ping
Now on twitter @timmay2

Edited by 5km (Mon 06-Apr-15 23:02:07)

Print Thread

Jump to