General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User athegn
(committed) Wed 17-Jun-15 17:05:08
Print Post

talkmobile and wifi

[link to this post]

Not sure if this the right forum for this but here I go. My wife has a Galaxy S3 mini on a talkmobile contract. Wewent to Netherlands last week without realising that we had to contact Talk C S to unlock calls, text and data roaming; now done.However we could not get the phone to connect to the hotel wifi! My S3 and our two Tab 2 tablets connected to this wifi ok.Other people on other contracts e.g Vodaphone had similar problems.

The word "Connect" remained greyed out?

I could find no settings that would allow wifi. Surely even if roaming is unlocked wifi should still work?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-Jun-15 18:45:53
Print Post

Re: talkmobile and wifi

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

WiFi should work even if you have no SIM in the phone, so nothing to do with Talk mobile and probably just a compatibility issue between S3 Mini Wi-Fi chip and the hotels access points.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User dandnsmith
(experienced) Thu 18-Jun-15 08:35:17
Print Post

[re: athegn] [link to this post]

Ive had the occasional problem where, to use the establishment wifi, you have to try to browse and then answer a popup screen (which you may never see, thus locking you out)

Derek

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User athegn
(committed) Thu 18-Jun-15 09:15:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you; will have to wait two years to check, until our next planned trip to this hotel!!
  Print Thread

Jump to