General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User edwincluck
(regular) Tue 28-Jul-15 13:24:32
Print Post

TalkTalk launches cheapest "Fill-Yer-Boots" tariff. £12 pcm

[link to this post]

Just found this in my email. It`s an exclusive for existing TalkTalk customer`s only.

Unbeatable-All-in-SIM deal --- £12 per month

* 30 day contract`s;
* unlimited data;
* unlimited UK call`s;
* unlimited UK text`s;

http://mobile.talktalk.co.uk/sim

Any thought`s?

Apparently, TalkTalk piggyback`s on Vodafone network, which might limit the deal`s appeal for some.

Edited by edwincluck (Tue 28-Jul-15 13:26:11)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Jul-15 14:46:17
Print Post

Re: TalkTalk launches cheapest "Fill-Yer-Boots" tariff. £12

[re: edwincluck] [link to this post]

Believe they've had similar deals before, the 30 day contract may be the new bit rather than 12 month, but back then the gotcha was that it was just 3G data.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User edwincluck
(regular) Tue 28-Jul-15 15:08:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

You're right, Andrew. When you go through the select-a-choice options, it eventually reveals it's "unlimited 3G mobile data" only. Hmm. Could make quite a difference for some.

In another TalkTalk deal, they are offering the first(?) sub-£4 a month (3G?) data tariff. Only £3.95 for 300MB a month, but that should be all that's needed for data-lite devices like satnav 'live' boxes.

Previously Globalgig did a £5 monthly tariff for 2GB which served that purpose, but they recently axed that.

Cheers, edwin

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:24:37
Print Post

Shame I pay £1 per week and get 100 MB + 10 texts + 10 minutes of calls on my standby phone with EE and that is 4G data too.

Had it long enough (24 weeks) data now boosted to 150 MB per week, so 600 MB per month for £4.

There is another 100GB for two months for £10 offer from EE on the way, don't know exact timing.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:30:38
Print Post

I always wonder whether tethering is allowed. This is what I have found:

"You can connect your Wi-Fi only tablet to the internet by
turning your Smart phone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot over
the 3G network. TalkTalk does not support mobile tethering,
defined as connecting mobile devices using a cable or
Bluetooth connection."

What happens if I want to use my laptop to connect to the phone's WiFi hotspot?

Michael Chare
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:34:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
There is another 100GB for two months for £10 offer from EE on the way, don't know exact timing.

From an order I placed on Sunday:

T&CS: Limited Edition SIM: Get your SIM by 23:59 on 31 August 2015, top up £10 within 14 days of getting it to buy your Data Pack then text SUMMER100 to 150 to activate the 200GB free UK data. You get 100GB each month for 2 consecutive months. Free data starts as soon as the 1GB of data in your Data pack runs out and lasts up to 30 days. Check 4G coverage at ee.co.uk/coverage. Data Pack: Services are UK only. Packs recur automatically every 30 days. If you donít have credit to pay for recurring Packs at the end of 30 days, you will have 90 days to top up before we automatically cancel your Pack. Opt out at any time. Full terms at ee.co.uk/terms. Double speed: Select areas only, check your coverage before joining EE. Based on EE test data 2014 (average speeds doubled from 12-15Mbps to 24-30Mbps) and doubling 4G network capacity from 2 x 10MHz to 2x 20MHz. Speeds referred to are download speeds.

HTH

Michael Chare
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 28-Jul-15 16:46:44
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:
What happens if I want to use my laptop to connect to the phone's WiFi hotspot?
Sounds fine to me.

The indispensable man or woman passes from the scene, and what happens next is more or less the same thing as was happening before.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync 57676/14040kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 28-Jul-15 17:11:22
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Ah yeap can see the email now smile

Link into offer on EE site

We did ask back at start of July, and even if you've had a SIM on similar deal before you can apply again.

Print Thread

Jump to