General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 29-Jul-15 09:06:38
Print Post

EE Summer SIM offer, £10 top up to get two months of 100GB

[link to this post]

There was the Black Friday offer back in 2014, then a Glastonbury Limited Edition SIM and now one to coincide with the summer break.

EE Summer SIM is available and if you receive it by 31st August 2015 and top-up with £10 within 14 days and send a text of SUMMER100 to 150, as well as the standard 1GB of data, 50 texts and 50 minutes of calls you will get two consecutive months of 100GB 4G data.

The SIM is PAYG so no on-going commitment, and the offer is open to those who have received one of the previous SIM offers.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sun 30-Aug-15 15:16:37
Print Post

Re: EE Summer SIM offer, £10 top up to get two months of 100

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Can I just let you know of something here.

I had this sim and this offer. I topped up with £10 and I have just finished my first month. They want another £10 to get the 100GB for the second month. So you only get 1 month for £10. (I've had texts telling me to top up another £10 before midnight last night in order to get the rest of the data. (have to send the SUMMER100 again also)

They are mis selling and mis leading people on this.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 30-Aug-15 15:23:50
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

Will run off and check my own copy of the SIM

The Glastonbury SIM from June certainly did not need a second top-up

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 30-Aug-15 15:50:10
Print Post

[re: ZenUserJP] [link to this post]

Not true, just had a text last night saying "your £10 top up has run out" which was referring to the mandatory £10 top up, which makes sense. Then about 2 mins later had a text "we've just added your second 100GB of free data for your #summerSIM"

So no they don't want more money.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - Since 2 Jun 14 - Aug 15 Sync: 56575/9911 - G.INP download only frown
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Flash Speedtest - HTML Speedtest
Standard User mlmclaren
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Aug-15 16:26:32
Print Post

I'm not sure if there might be some confusion between deals here... there was two within a very short time...

So I remember one finishing and a week later another starting and I think the latest one was £10 per month top got 100GB and then normal afterwards.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 30-Aug-15 16:40:19
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

That was my understanding, and had checked offer before putting it up too.

Got 6 more days till I get the message, but currently telling me the next pack starts then and this is with zero credit on SIM i.e. the first £10 got used up

Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sun 30-Aug-15 17:17:30
Print Post

Well I ordered via the same link everyone else did and I've only been given 1 month. I currently have no credit and no allowances. I started this sim on the 30th of July. Ill wait and see but I've also had no SMS saying I am getting any more allowances.
Standard User ZenUserJP
(member) Sun 30-Aug-15 23:55:46
Print Post

okay fair enough I just got this a day after it's run out so it must have been delayed

http://postimg.org/image/n0fywm79j/

I only have 78.5GB though lol
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 31-Aug-15 10:06:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Got 6 more days till I get the message, but currently telling me the next pack starts then and this is with zero credit on SIM i.e. the first £10 got used up

Yes the £10 gets used to buy the standard 30 day pack of mins/texts and 1gb data which expires. This is the same with all the EE PAYG packs and better value if you're going to use the data than topping up and using the gradual rate where credit doesn't expire. The 2 x 100gb is attached to this.

Same with one of the previous offers.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - Since 2 Jun 14 - Aug 15 Sync: 56575/9911 - G.INP download only frown
16 years UK broadband (Since 1999 ntl:cable trial), Asus RT-AC68U & HG612 - BQM - Flash Speedtest - HTML Speedtest
  Print Thread

Jump to