General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Northwind
(regular) Wed 02-Mar-16 08:02:19
Print Post

Three home broadband billboard ad

[link to this post]

Hi,

Whilst whizzing through Belfast the other day I noticed a billboard ad from Three promoting a home broadband 4G-based router, the main slogan being that you could have broadband-equivalent without line rental.

Only 500 routers initially available in Northern Ireland! Visit three.co.uk find out more!

Of course with Three's website being a total mess, I can't find any reference to this at all. I know I didn't imagine it as I went past the billboard twice!

Anyone know anything about it..?

Thanks!
Standard User Northwind
(regular) Wed 02-Mar-16 08:13:21
Print Post

Re: Three home broadband billboard ad

[re: Northwind] [link to this post]

Aha, found a reference to it. Apparently it's a trial limited to Northern Ireland at present:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/02/three-u...

It has made data two packages available, of either 20GB or 40GB, starting at £20 per month on the basis of either a rolling 30-day or minimum 12-month contract.
Standard User woooshuk
(committed) Sat 05-Mar-16 00:46:16
Print Post

Re: Three home broadband billboard ad

[re: Northwind] [link to this post]

I had seen an article on this last week before the big billboard in Belfast. Staff had it displayed on a screen on the wall. I decided to take this as the router is actually very good. £20 pm for 12 months for 40GB. Nothing up front. As the router is 12v it can also be used in the car with the correct lead to the cigarette lighter.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to