General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User connormill
(member) Mon 27-Jun-16 21:18:06
Print Post

No data on BT Mobile after Porting a number from EE

[link to this post]

I have been with BT Mobile just about a week now and so for fairly impressed with the service (but switching from EE it should be the same)

Today, however, it's started going wrong.

Gave BT my PAC last wednesday and the number has just moved over this morning, calls and texts are fine but i have no data, anywhere

I drive a lot for work and have covered about 150 miles today, many in areas I know that I can get 4G and still nothing, all day.

I have a network info app on my phone and no matter where I am my phone will only connect at HSPA or UTMS, but never LTE.

I have tried the SIM in other phones and reset and re-configured the APN settings

I am convinced this is an account or provisioning issue but after a 90 minute bt.com web chat the guy concluded that is was poor signal in the area, RUBBISH! got another handset here on EE and it has 4G no problem at all.

Has anyone else on here faced a similar issue?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 28-Jun-16 02:04:25
Print Post

Re: No data on BT Mobile after Porting a number from EE

[re: connormill] [link to this post]

Is it a 4G SIM?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User connormill
(member) Tue 28-Jun-16 07:16:10
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Is it a 4G SIM?

All BT SIMs are 4G as fast as I'm aware

This one definitely is, had perfect 4G up until the number move and now, nothing (not even 3G data)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User connormill
(member) Tue 28-Jun-16 08:27:52
Print Post

After Talking to Bt last night and being asured all will come good by midnight at the latest, still nothing.

I have a netwrok monitoring aplication on my phone which tells me whether the network is 2G / 3G / 4G and whether it is Data Enabled or not

So far today I have been on 3G 100% of the time and Non-Data 100% of the time, this was over a ~15 mnile drive through areas that i know are 4G enabled, including ssitting in traffic staring at a 4G EE cell.

Screenshot: https://goo.gl/photos/FWvoKG2XjjWpeZsm9
Standard User Ribble
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 28-Jun-16 10:04:28
Print Post

I had that problem when I tried bt mobile. You'll have to keep badgering them to sort it out their end
Standard User connormill
(member) Tue 28-Jun-16 12:55:12
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
I had that problem when I tried bt mobile. You'll have to keep badgering them to sort it out their end

Had another webchat with them today for over an hour, where they asked me to complete the steps i told them at the start i had already done

they then told me that "there is a fault in your area, please call us back in 3 days"

when i informed the guy i traveled over 100 miles with the phone yesterday and didnt get data once he said that the fault was affecting that area too (despite me not telling him where i went)

in the end he caved and ordered a replacement SIM, which should be here by thursday
  Print Thread

Jump to