General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User martinsq
(member) Mon 12-Sep-16 22:10:18
Print Post

T Mobile is DOUBLING their MobBB charges from Oct 10 !!!

[link to this post]

Admitedly their charges were quite low (in comarison), but doubling them is OUTRAGEOUS !!!
Their "6 months internet booster" has gone up from £20 to £40, same with monthly.
Fortunately, I have 5 months to look for alternatives...!
Well p*ssed off customer, not the only one I expect.
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Sep-16 22:53:54
Print Post

Re: T Mobile is DOUBLING their MobBB charges from Oct 10 !!!

[re: martinsq] [link to this post]

Consider it as the start of the process of getting people to swap from the T-Mobile and Orange brands to the EE one. BT won't want to keep the French and German brands around too much - and are perhaps under a requirement to drop them gradually.

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/pric...

Let's be honest - even £5 per month for 0.5GB isn't brilliant.

On EE, the weekly data pack runs at £1 per week, £4.30 per month, and gets 100MB per week, 430MB per month. However, EE offer a boost every 3 months, such that your £1 buys twice as much after 6 months (860MB pm), and increases to 1.3GB pm after 12 months. And so on...

If you don't want to be buying packs, then the 500MB add-on continues to cost £5 for 30 days on EE.

It really is about branding...
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 12-Sep-16 23:11:08
Print Post

[re: martinsq] [link to this post]

I did not realise you could still be a T-Mobile customer! I thought everyone had been merged onto EE by now, I got told in early 2013 when I upgraded that I had to go to EE, almost 4 years back now.

Can you not get something through retentions with EE? As an example they often give 4Gb around £11 and 16gb around £20.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 13-Sep-16 09:55:48
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

1) Perhaps another way of looking at it is that you've had a fair deal over the last few years that has now come to an end when other prices have risen
2)EE were offering quite good deals a while back to move from Tmobile to EE. I'm surpirised you're still with Tmobile. As someone else has said, chances are BT need to drop the other brands especially in the UK for legal reasons, and also not least of all because they will not want so many legacy networks and tarriffs floating about.

Generally the EE tarrifs seem quite resonable for BB - not the best but not the worst

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 13-Sep-16 10:11:23
Print Post

Amusingly my spare phone has an Orange number obtained long before the "7" got inserted after the opening "0". Whenever I switch it on, instead of connecting as it used to to Orange (when at home), it now connects to T-mobile.

My EE main phone connects to EE, which has a much stronger signal. As did Orange!

What is stupid is the EE website, which has to be used to get to either account. It asks for the number so it can redirect to the appropriate site. Why can't we either log in and then auto redirect, or go direct to the correct site in the first place? Bah! wink

Edit - two typos.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 13-Sep-16 12:43:37)

Standard User ukwoody
(experienced) Tue 13-Sep-16 10:46:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Quite agree Robert. Always thought it was stupid myself

regards,
Woody (chuntering along in his own inimitable style, using 100 words when 10 would do)
Standard User WWWombat
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Sep-16 13:57:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
What is stupid is the EE website, which has to be used to get to either account. It asks for the number so it can redirect to the appropriate site. Why can't we either log in and then auto redirect, or go direct to the correct site in the first place? Bah! wink

I couldn't say, but integrating two separate customer backend databases is, I guess, messy.

I wonder if they decided that accessing all 3 backends would create something risky, security-wise - ala TalkTalk?

Redirecting based on phone number means that a lot of account information doesn't have to be duplicated across systems.
Standard User David_W
(knowledge is power) Tue 13-Sep-16 16:14:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Amusingly my spare phone has an Orange number obtained long before the "7" got inserted after the opening "0". Whenever I switch it on, instead of connecting as it used to to Orange (when at home), it now connects to T-mobile.
Orange used MNC 234-33, whilst T-Mobile used MNC 234-30. EE uses 234-30, with the 234-33 signal having been discontinued in many areas. Your spare phone is almost certainly using the 234-30 signal and has such old firmware that it declares that signal to be T-Mobile rather than EE.

I guess that your old phone is probably 2G only, whilst the stronger signal picked up by your main phone is either 3G or 4G.

ZeN Unlimited Fibre 2 with native IPv6
thinkbroadband speed test : speedtest.net : thinkbroadband quality monitor IPv4 IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 13-Sep-16 18:26:45
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

It's 3G. Purchased September 2013 with a new Orange SIM to go with it, then the number ported. All on an Orange phone+SIM bundle contract.

LG-P880.

"RF Band HSPA+ 21 900/1900/2100, GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1900/2100" from the LG Tech Specs.

Edit !!!!!
I switched it on a few minutes ago. The last time was 2-3 weeks ago. As just once in the past it is showing EE dammit! I wonder if there is any relevance in that we are in the middle of a thunderstorm with heavy rain?

And immediately after typing that 3 minutes ago it is on T-mobile again.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 13-Sep-16 18:37:49)

Standard User sparky_paul
(experienced) Tue 13-Sep-16 18:46:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Can you not get something through retentions with EE? As an example they often give 4Gb around £11 and 16gb around £20.

I doubt he'll get anything like the t-mobile PAYG add-on, £20 for unlimited browsing for 6 months. Note that's £20 for 6 months, NOT £20 per month.

I've had a few of these tmobile sims for my old Dad for internet browsing, he's only a light user so the 12GB/12 month Three internet sims work out better for him when you can pick them up for £20-£25.

eclipse internet

Edited by sparky_paul (Tue 13-Sep-16 18:47:40)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to