General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User chrigurndevon
(learned) Fri 18-Nov-16 10:07:06
Print Post

Re: EE data SIM not working on TP-link Archer MR200

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I always seem to get a faster upload speed than download. This morning I was getting about 20 down/30 up. At rush hour the download speed sometimes drops to 10 but the upload speed is always high. Must be something to do with my local EE mast.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 18-Nov-16 10:30:40
Print Post

[re: chrigurndevon] [link to this post]

Thanks again smile.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 18-Nov-16 23:55:27
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Incidentally I can't find any mention of tethering in my mobile contract, neither yes or no. I expected it to be stipulated in there somewhere. [puzzled].

Tethering is allowed on all EE price plans, has been since the EE brand launched in 2012. Keeps it simple and as they don't offer any "unlimited use" there is no issue about what device is using the data.

Depending on your area and signal strength it may be worth investing in a device that is LTE Cat 6 capable (does carrier aggregation) especially if you get the 4G+ coverage on the map (purple). In my town centre I can get 105mbps in the purple area whereas at home I get 45 to 55mbps. (yellow area) - I'm using an iPhone 6S. (the 6 doesn't do CA, the 6S and later do).

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 7th Aug 16: 55,355/10,291 kbps with G.INP
17 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 19-Nov-16 01:03:16
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

D'oh! Obvious when you say it like that blush. Thanks smile.

Seeing as I bought it in March 2015 I'm in the clear then if I need it. Though when I sort out just the ongoing package in March 2017 when the phone is paid for I might go for a lower deal. My main question here was answered, re ditching my landline perhaps.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 60000/14463kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User Teejay63
(newbie) Thu 24-Nov-16 20:33:13
Print Post

[re: Signhopuk] [link to this post]

I am experiencing the same problem along with a number of my customers, for some reason the EE SIM is not working in non EE equipment. The network has stopped providing an IP address, I have tried 3 & Vodafone SIM's in the same devices and they work OK.

Cheers
Standard User Fastbuck
(newbie) Fri 25-Nov-16 20:33:29
Print Post

Will you post all the APN settings you have configured on the router for the everywhere apn? I might have a suggestion?
Standard User chrigurndevon
(learned) Sat 26-Nov-16 10:50:37
Print Post

[re: Fastbuck] [link to this post]

These are the APN settings I was using for the EE SIM;
APN - everywhere
username - eesecure
password - secure
authentication - I tried with both PAP and CHAP
I also tried it with no username/password
Standard User Fastbuck
(newbie) Sat 26-Nov-16 11:54:38
Print Post

Thinking about the symptom of the router waiting for an ip address....
Some of these router models default to request ipv6 (ipv4v6) in the apn settings. So at first in the quick setup it appears you cannot set the router to ipv4 only.
But i think if you go into advanced internet settings and create a new profile you may be able to set the router to request ipv4. All the other APN settings remain the same as you have. Then select the new profile and give it a try.
If it starts working, it is because the mobile operator has started allowing ipv6 by the subscription, but when the router gets ipv6 it doesnt know what to do with it. If this is true for TP then perhaps ee need to ask the vendor why turn this on by default without testing it!
If it still doesnt work then sorry, but worth a try!
Standard User Signhopuk
(newbie) Sat 26-Nov-16 12:37:05
Print Post

[re: Fastbuck] [link to this post]

Don't waste your time tring to fix yourself, I had same issue.
The problem is EE and something to do with IPV 6 upgrade..
Call them up and report.
I was being dealt with my level 2, they fixed the problem.
To repeat it's there backend problem with there IPV6 upgrade.
Need any more info ask.
Standard User Fastbuck
(newbie) Sat 26-Nov-16 12:52:59
Print Post

[re: Signhopuk] [link to this post]

So it is only an ipv6 problem if the router is requesting ipv6 from the network, (as i suspected)! That is easy enough to fix yourself if you can set up a profile that requests ipv4. If these are routers not supplied and tested by ee then is it actually their issue?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to