General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Signhopuk
(newbie) Sat 26-Nov-16 13:07:19
Print Post

Re: EE data SIM not working on TP-link Archer MR200

[re: Fastbuck] [link to this post]

Hi
I'm not technical, but here's what happened to me.
I have a contract SIM with EE, about 3 months ago I brought the Archer MR200 and installed an outside aerial. Took out a shared SIM on my main contract.
Put Sim in router and was enjoying speeds of 70mbs, on a Wednesday about 3 weeks ago it suddenly stopped working. The SIM was giving off a 4g signal but no internet.
When I put my main SIM in the router it worked and vice versa when I put my shared SIM in my phone this too worked.
Called EE they couldn't detect any problem and suggested a new SIM, I went to EE Shop and took another SIM, this still didn't work.
Contacted EE again and they couldn't understand the problem, they raised the fault to level 2.
Level 2 downloaded the router software from TP and were able to relplicate the problem.
After about 4 days they resolved the issue, the router was not the problem according to EE.
The problem, explained to me was something to do with certain Data SIMS and IPV6 upgrade.
They had quite a few complaints about the same router which had stopped working and decided to issue support, even tthough the router was not EE.
I'm happy to give my mobile number on Private Message and you can call EE and explain that you have the same problem as me, they will find the ticket linked to my number and hopefully resolve for you.
Thanks Terry
Standard User chrigurndevon
(learned) Sun 27-Nov-16 15:36:23
Print Post

[re: Signhopuk] [link to this post]

Thought I'd try Fastbucks's suggestion to create a new profile with different IPvx settings, but before I could, the router with the EE SIM decided to connect again straightaway with the default APN setting (IPv4). So it seems it was an issue with EE which they have resolved. So thanks everyone on this thread for your advice. In the end it seemed a collective moan to EE did the trick.
Standard User Fastbuck
(newbie) Sat 03-Dec-16 12:10:06
Print Post

[re: chrigurndevon] [link to this post]

Anybody else in position to try checking the ip request on these routers? Would like to learn if this is bogus or not. I have a hauwei 4G router on EE sim and it works perfectly

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User IanB151
(newbie) Mon 12-Dec-16 22:13:35
Print Post

[re: Fastbuck] [link to this post]

I have just got the latest EE 4g router (Alcatel?) with 64gb per month and it connects brilliantly to every wireless device apart from a Vonets VAP11G that I use to connect wirelessly to BT You View box. The VAP11g works brilliantly off a Sky router but will not connect to the EE router for some reason. I will move the EE sim across to a TP-Link 4g router to see if that connects to the VAP11g but has anyone else had a similar issue with the EE sim or router?
Standard User IanB151
(newbie) Tue 13-Dec-16 19:23:40
Print Post

[re: IanB151] [link to this post]

Update- moved EE data sim to TP-Link 4g router and all now working perfectly so the EE router is the issue. Tried a 3 sim in the EE router and it wil not accept it so the EE router is clearly locked to the EE network and will not work with the Vonets access point. I will contact EE to see if the router can be set to work with Vonets access points.......
Standard User hoxton_hugh
(newbie) Fri 07-Jul-17 15:28:43
Print Post

[re: Signhopuk] [link to this post]

For what it's worth, I'm seeing similar symptoms with two different 4G modems.

I have a Teltonika RUT955 and a Sierra Wireless ES450. In both cases when I plug in an EE 'Business Mobile Broadband' 4G SIM, the modems pick up the EE LTE network but claim no data connection.

Putting the same SIM in my smartphone works fine and I get data. Conversely, putting other SIM cards into the same modems works fine in all cases -- I've tested O2, Vodafone, and an EE PAYG SIM (!)

That's right, the PAYG EE SIM works, but not the pay-monthly one. Which makes me think it's a problem at EE's end and not the modems.

I'll post again here if I ever figure it out.
Standard User steve7a3
(newbie) Wed 13-Sep-17 12:14:47
Print Post

[re: hoxton_hugh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by hoxton_hugh:
For what it's worth, I'm seeing similar symptoms with two different 4G modems.

I have a Teltonika RUT955 and a Sierra Wireless ES450. In both cases when I plug in an EE 'Business Mobile Broadband' 4G SIM, the modems pick up the EE LTE network but claim no data connection.

Putting the same SIM in my smartphone works fine and I get data. Conversely, putting other SIM cards into the same modems works fine in all cases -- I've tested O2, Vodafone, and an EE PAYG SIM (!)

That's right, the PAYG EE SIM works, but not the pay-monthly one. Which makes me think it's a problem at EE's end and not the modems.

I'll post again here if I ever figure it out.

Glad I'm not the only one! I also have a Teltonika RUT955 (to replace a 950 that died). I spent over an hour on the phone to EE trying to get this fixed (Same issue: Works in my iPhone, works in another RUT950 but not in the 955). They insist it's a problem with the router and I need to talk to Teltonika. However, after reading this it seems it's a common problem across newer routers of any brand so no point me discussing it with Teltonika. Back to EE tech support I think, armed with this thread.

Likewise, I'll post here if I get any joy.
Standard User hoxton_hugh
(newbie) Wed 13-Sep-17 16:48:52
Print Post

[re: steve7a3] [link to this post]

I spent a considerable time on the phone to EE and they eventually said they couldn't think of anything else to try. However I never got to speak to a support operative who knew more than I do about SIM cards (which isn't much).

Since then I've dealt with BT/EE's 'M2M' division who deal business-to-business and resell data-only SIM cards in bulk, offer management tools for large scale deployments, and offer a different system of (way more expensive) price plans. Their SIMs worked first time in the RUT955.

I've also dealt with a 3rd party reseller of EE SIMs, who are like EE's M2M division but offer SIMs from multiple providers. One of the EE SIMs they sent us had the exact same issue in the RUT955, except this time the reseller were able to exert more pressure on EE, who escalated it to '3rd line support' and eventually admitted they had configured the SIM wrong, and told us 'throw it away, we'll send a replacement'. Other EE SIMs from this reseller have worked fine first time in the RUT955.

I guess the take home lesson from this is that in the right circumstances EE can provide a RUT955-compatible data SIM, but they may fail to do so by accident and don't really have the right internal processes in place to be able to make it work for you.
Standard User steve7a3
(newbie) Wed 13-Sep-17 17:05:08
Print Post

[re: hoxton_hugh] [link to this post]

Ok, thanks for that! So maybe a bit more pressure to EE will do the trick.
In frustration I returned the RUT955 this morning though and have hijacked a friends temporarily redundant RUT950 for the time being. I may revisit the 955 option in future (when I need to give my mate's one back!). I'd thought of buying a Proroute GEM 420 instead but can't guarantee I won't have the same issues with that and I'm used to the Teltonika and have space to fit it easily so don't really want to change.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to