General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Mon 14-Nov-16 22:25:37
Print Post

Plusnet mobile!

[link to this post]

Plusnet mobile special offer. I presume it uses the EE network.

Michael Chare
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-16 22:59:15
Print Post

Re: Plusnet mobile!

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:

Apparently EE now fully own the virtual network "LIFE mobile" that was part of Phones4U in the past. LIFE mobile is apparently morphing into Plusnet mobile and eventually LIFE will go.
https://lifemobile.co.uk/Info/PlusnetFAQ

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 since 2 Jun 14 - Sync as of 7th Aug 16: 55,355/10,291 kbps with G.INP
17 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial -Router: Asus RT-AC68U with HG612 - BQM
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 14-Nov-16 23:14:03
Print Post

I presume it uses the EE network.
Read the blurb below the top picture on your link and above the page-wide red line wink.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Mon 14-Nov-16 23:54:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you. I clearly had not read it properly! I was more interested in the offer, though I can't sensibly take advantage of it because of my existing contract. I hope some one else can as I have benefited from other offers mentioned on this web site.

Michael Chare
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 15-Nov-16 00:47:11
Print Post

It might suit me, as a pure mobile customer, but like you tied in for a while. Also I have the double speed EE service, whatever it's called, and haven't checked which one Plusnet's is.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User nadger
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 15-Nov-16 09:08:16
Print Post

I've registered an interest as no longer in contract with 3.

One of the cheaper contracts might be for me.
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Tue 15-Nov-16 11:49:02
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:

Apparently EE now fully own the virtual network "LIFE mobile" that was part of Phones4U in the past. LIFE mobile is apparently morphing into Plusnet mobile and eventually LIFE will go.
https://lifemobile.co.uk/Info/PlusnetFAQ

Yes the bought it last year. I never went with Life as they never sent me a sim but happily took the first month's service. Life was also only 3G so the fact they are doing 4G is brill for that price.
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Tue 15-Nov-16 12:00:09
Print Post

Thank you. I clearly had not read it properly! I was more interested in the offer, though I can't sensibly take advantage of it because of my existing contract. I hope some one else can as I have benefited from other offers mentioned on this web site.

This is one of the main reasons me and my family do either 12 month or 30 day contracts. I am grateful to you for bringing this to my attention. My dad pays £39 to EE for the same package so even £15 is a belter of a saving.

I'm currently on the £5 a month BT 500mb/ultd mins and texts but I have been hitting the 500MB just using GPS when out and about so i'm going to swap to this £10 deal - as my sim will be £10 one my infinity runs out and then it's not worth it.
Standard User 23Prince
(committed) Tue 15-Nov-16 12:02:24
Print Post

Will probably be single speed as it's still an MVNO. I hope I am wrong but they wouldn't even give Life 4G when I looked at them.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 15-Nov-16 12:12:01
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I'm not too sure - which is why I pointed out I hadn't checked.

BT Group owns EE and Plusnet, so it's debatable about it being an MVNO. I don't think Ofcom impose equivalence rules in the way they do with Openreach.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to