General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 05-Jul-17 15:02:31
Print Post

Re: Sim for France

[re: toph3r] [link to this post]

So is the delay days, weeks or months and how many?
Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Wed 05-Jul-17 16:09:58
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I can't answer that can I? You would need to ask the person in the UK sending you the SIM.

Does that make sense to you? I do hope so.

Edited by toph3r (Wed 05-Jul-17 16:10:35)

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 05-Jul-17 16:43:09
Print Post

So the delay is all down to your proxy in the UK? I can't believe that, I would imagine with warning their delay would be same day or max 2 days. What is more important is how long the actual delivery takes to a) get from 3 to your proxy and b) from your proxy to the states. As you claim to have done it, you should be able to say how long it took.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Wed 05-Jul-17 17:22:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
So the delay is all down to your proxy in the UK? I can't believe that, I would imagine with warning their delay would be same day or max 2 days.

Have you even read this sentence back to yourself? It is undecipherable.

What is more important is how long the actual delivery takes to a) get from 3 to your proxy and b) from your proxy to the states. As you claim to have done it, you should be able to say how long it took.

Again, this is all completely irrelevant. You make the decisions on when you wish the sim card to reach you abroad. You realise UPS / Fedex have different options available based on delivery times? Probably not.

My sim through standard international mail took no more than a week to reach me.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 05-Jul-17 17:59:11
Print Post

Which is of limited use if you're on a 2 week holiday abroad.
Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Wed 05-Jul-17 19:28:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Which is of limited use if you're on a 2 week holiday abroad.

I'm sure it would be; good job then that 3 don't bar SIM cards for being abroad for a fortnight isn't it?

Do try and keep up at the back, hard as it is i'm sure.
Standard User leexgx
(committed) Fri 07-Jul-17 01:37:33
Print Post

unless it has changed you can use 3 sim for 2 months for every 12 months of the year (PAYG 3 might Bar the sim card when your buy the second AYCE addon but as you can Stack addons on 3 you just buy 2 AYCE addons before you go as they auto start when they run out)

i believe this is the same now for all networks that have EU roaming (until we leave the EU then this might get receded), that are good things for leaving the EU and bad things as well (still think it screw us over for years leaving or for ever, i dont know be interesting how it all goes really)

Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Fri 07-Jul-17 14:09:45
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by leexgx:
unless it has changed you can use 3 sim for 2 months for every 12 months of the year (PAYG 3 might Bar the sim card when your buy the second AYCE addon but as you can Stack addons on 3 you just buy 2 AYCE addons before you go as they auto start when they run out)

FWIW, I can usually go a year before they care. I don't use the line for anything other than to receive text messages for 2FA.
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 07-Jul-17 14:34:00
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by leexgx:
That's a good idea smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to