General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Jul-17 12:21:36
Print Post

Re: Here we go; Three UK implements T-Mobile Binge On in UK

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

thank you
Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Mon 17-Jul-17 16:49:38
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

What EE are doing is so anti net neutrality. Why are they being allowed to get away with it?
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 17-Jul-17 19:47:54
Print Post

[re: toph3r] [link to this post]

No idea, But free data is free data

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User leexgx
(committed) Wed 26-Jul-17 19:13:26
Print Post

do we have net neutrality in the UK

i never found there to be traffic shaping on EE (unless your on the Lower Tier plans they cap it to 40mb witch really does not matter as you only need 5-10mb)

3 find in this area i am in it works fine, 3G speeds are ok but not for streaming live , 4G norm works fine for streaming live

i norm force my phone into real 4G LTE only mode (via test menu as i only use the second phone for data so don't mind calls not working on that phone) got a HTC M9 now so it no longer keeps dropping back to auto mode when it loses the 4G signal

Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Sun 30-Jul-17 18:13:58
Print Post

[re: leexgx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by leexgx:
do we have net neutrality in the UK

No.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Jul-17 19:54:23
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
Jon Morris thinks this is the end of unlimited as well.
https://jmcomms.com/2017/07/05/three-launches-free-g...

Given the slow speeds Three are getting on 4G in London (less than 1mbps) compared to EE and Vodafone, then maybe unlimited / AYCE is time up.

Based on the chat I had with a Manager in Three store, when I was picking up a PAYG sim,

Three's looking to sort of out price heavy users by pushing costs for AYCE up and then getting people who stay on capped plans to lower usage.

One of three's issues at the moment is the Tethering... and even though PAYG sims aren't supposed to allow tethering my iPhone still has the option, even after receiving carrier settings update.

I know people that have got there whole homes running off of PAYG 3 sims, I curse them but then when xDSL at 1.2mbps is alternative you can't exactly say much.

Three's network performance has been [censored] for age's, and in central area's I find that 3's 4G starts restricting devices from connecting and pushing them down to a barely responsive 3G signal....

Personally I've given Three 2 months to prove themselves but been nothing but a nightmare to be honest, and starting to get pricey.

So just taken an £8 sim only offer from VM, 4GB,2500mins,Txts... going to put myself on a data diet.... anyway will be good practice for my move to Canada where a 1GB with Province Minutes and 100 country wide mins will set you back about $50 (ps. you pay to receive calls too )

Best Regards,
Matt.
"I don't take too kindly to coaxial pushed rubbish... or to them damned Intel Puma wastes of plastic."
Standard User toph3r
(experienced) Mon 18-Sep-17 09:48:58
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I'm in Reading this week, and the performance of 3 has been absolutely dire. In my hotel I'm lucky to get 60kb/sec!

When I woke up at 0300 (still jet lagged), throughput was up to 30Mbps! Then, at 0800, speed is back to being dire.

This just highlights my previous comment; yes we pay a lot for cell service in the US, but it is so much better performance wise than in the UK.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Sep-17 12:58:23
Print Post

Thanks for feedin back you experience, sounds like we've experience practically the same

Dum Di Dum Di Dum Di Dum
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to