General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Wed 19-Jul-17 14:40:28
Print Post

Looking for a 3G/4G SIM only 12-monthscontract for my mobile

[link to this post]

My existing EE SIM only contrat is due to expire by the end of this month. So I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable and good coverage 3G/4G NEW SIM only contract. My basic requirements are:

Around £21 per month including VAT
20GB+ 3G/4G data capacity per month, and unlimited Text and unlimited phone
Typical Roaming Counrties must cover; Italy, France ,Germany, and UK
Good coverage in 3G/4G in UK..

EE appears to have a SIM only deal which provides a good match on that and I'm just wondering how good it really is?

Thanks

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows10 !
Current ISP: Plusnet FTTC
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 19-Jul-17 15:31:02
Print Post

Re: Looking for a 3G/4G SIM only 12-monthscontract for my mo

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

I am on EE SIM only at £20 a month for 12GB, unlimited text and calls plus roaming to EU, US and a few others. Coverage is very much locally dependent - generally EE have been good but there are a number of black spots but they are the sort of places where probably all providers are black spots. I think EE has some of the best coverage but no operator is full coverage.

4G seems to work well on EE. Haven't used any other provider for a while and so can't compare coverage with anyone else.
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Jul-17 21:22:38
Print Post

If EE's been good to you, probably best to stay, I think EE's very good, unfortunately I'm living in a the only blackspot I know and right now I can't be having any contracts keeping tied to this country so PAYG surfing at minute.

EE best 4G in my oppion too.

Best Regards,
Matt.
"I don't take too kindly to coaxial pushed rubbish... or to them damned Intel Puma wastes of plastic."

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Jul-17 22:03:55
Print Post

How much are you currently paying on EE and for how much data & mins? If you're happy with EE's coverage and data speeds then no need to move at all.

That EE sim only plan for £21 pm for 20gb data & unlimited calls/texts isn't bad at all, however if you go via topcashback you get £73.50 back which works out at less than £15pm over 12 months. IMHO that's a cracking deal.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ee-sim-only-contracts/

Also worth bearing in mind that EE offer 10% off on additional lines, so that £21 plan can be discounted to £18.90 pm if you have more than 1 EE line.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Netgear Nighthawk X10 running Voxel
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 20-Jul-17 21:34:31
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
How much are you currently paying on EE and for how much data & mins? If you're happy with EE's coverage and data speeds then no need to move at all.

That EE sim only plan for £21 pm for 20gb data & unlimited calls/texts isn't bad at all, however if you go via topcashback you get £73.50 back which works out at less than £15pm over 12 months. IMHO that's a cracking deal.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/ee-sim-only-contracts/

Also worth bearing in mind that EE offer 10% off on additional lines, so that £21 plan can be discounted to £18.90 pm if you have more than 1 EE line.

Hey man smile

It is IF they pay out - still waiting for mine, it's been cancelled and re submitted twice - and then was declined by TCB. And yet the service still carries on my end.
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Fri 21-Jul-17 16:59:25
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

" 20GB of data for £21 per month - SIMO Essential Plan
Includes 3 months free BT Sports and 6 months of Apple Music.
Exclusive OfferEnds In 3 Days £73.50"

Is this the EE Offering via the Cashback Site in the net?? It sound very attrative on the price+cashback! I have been a T-Mobile/EE user for more than 2 years and I generally sitill happy with it. Provided the general feedback for this particular offering is good then I may accept it by tomorrow since this EE's £21 for 20GB monthly contract will end in 3 days time!!
Thanks for all the feedback as I only got back from Nottingham this late afternoon.

(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Jul-17 17:20:32
Print Post

Correct, you *should* get cashback of £73.50 via topcashback site. However as 23prince says cashback isn't guaranteed (eg the purchase fails to track on the cashback site) so I would just treat the cashback as a nice little bonus.

Standard User searcher100
(learned) Fri 21-Jul-17 22:43:40
Print Post

Don't know if you are sorted but 3 do two sim deals first one is £20 30Gb data unlimited calls and Text and roaming all the EC america Australia and many other countries also 30 GB personal hotspot. 2nd deal is £28 all you can eat data calls text 30Gb personal hotspot and free roaming most of Western europe and many other countries

Currently Talk Talk + with 80/20 Fibre boost
Samknows says my average speed over the month is 72.19 Mbps download 18.70 Mbps upload 22.52 ms latency and 0.00% packet loss I'm happy.
Huawei hg533
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Sat 22-Jul-17 17:36:59
Print Post

[re: searcher100] [link to this post]

I haven't done it yet! I know about the 3 Network does provide 30GB data, unlimited texts and calls for £20, which is pricewise a even good deal compared to EE's £21 for 20GB. However somehow I have the impression that 3 Network coverage, particularly their 4G is not as goog as EE! That why I have been hestitaing ....

(fountain of knowledge) Sat 22-Jul-17 18:15:17
Print Post

Correct, Three's 4G coverage/speeds is pants (in my experience). I would stick with EE if you've been happy with their service.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to