General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Fri 01-Sep-17 11:32:07
Print Post

SMARTY and Voxi - two new networks from Three and Vodafone

[link to this post]

SMARTY from Three is aimed at SIM-only deals with transparent pricing.

For £5 per month (base), plus £1.25 per gigabyte, you get a no-frills phone service. No Spotify. No free roaming. Just the basics. In fact, at launch, roaming isn't available at all, though it is expected at some point.

You can also buy some monthly base bundles - £7.50 for 2GB, £10 for 4GB and £15 for 8GB. Better still, any unused GB credit will be refunded back to you for the following month.

It's a return to a more civilised mobile age in many ways, as pioneered by Sky Mobile last year, which was the first company in many a long year to allow rollover data.

Meanwhile Vodafone has announced Voxi, a network specifically aimed at the ‘yoof' segment of the market - it's actually officially aimed at under 25s.

Again a SIM-only MVNO, it allows users to work with social and chat apps - including Facebook Messenger, Instagram. Whatsapp, Twitter and Snapchat to name a few, without it eating into their data.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Sep-17 16:17:00
Print Post

Re: SMARTY and Voxi - two new networks from Three and Vodafo

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Meanwhile Vodafone has announced Voxi, a network specifically aimed at the ‘yoof' segment of the market - it's actually officially aimed at under 25s.

You actually need to be under 25 (they ask for ID) to sign up with VOXI.

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - 2 Jun 14 - Sync at 28/Jul/17: 64,899/9,065 - G.INP & 3.3 dB SNRm
18 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial - Asus RT-AC68U and HG612 - BQM
Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Fri 01-Sep-17 16:21:20
Print Post

Re: SMARTY and Voxi - two new networks from Three and Vodafo *DELETED*

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Post deleted by Davey_H

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Fri 01-Sep-17 16:25:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I'm going to give SMARTY a go.

I wouldn't touch Voxi even if I was under 25. I despise zero rating, it goes against the principles of net neutrality...
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Sep-17 17:43:37
Print Post

[re: Davey_H] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Davey_H:
I wouldn't touch Voxi even if I was under 25. I despise zero rating, it goes against the principles of net neutrality...

SMARTY is owned by Three whom have a "zero rating" plan for some content.

http://www.three.co.uk/go-binge

plusnet unlimited fibre 80/20 - 2 Jun 14 - Sync at 28/Jul/17: 64,899/9,065 - G.INP & 3.3 dB SNRm
18 years of UK broadband since 1999 ntl:cable modem trial - Asus RT-AC68U and HG612 - BQM
Standard User Davey_H
(regular) Fri 01-Sep-17 20:44:38
Print Post

I know it's owned by Three...
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 01-Sep-17 22:55:16
Print Post

[re: Davey_H] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Davey_H:
I know it's owned by Three...
hence they could copy the same ideas of the three Go Binge plan without any worries.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 02-Sep-17 08:13:19
Print Post

Hmm, £15 for 8GB or £25 for 100GB + 30 GB tethering.

It's nice to see Three launch their own MVNO - but is it gonna chance their current stance? I suspect not.

Then again, I only ave experience of the AYCE plans with tethering, they gave slow internet, Freedompop for example gave full speed for the whole allowance, i hope Smarty are the same in that respect.

Does anyone know if the 100GB plan is slowed too?

My month on 3 is about to end with 16GB being wasted - so if they do more than 8GB in the future I would swap to them.

Edited by 23Prince (Sat 02-Sep-17 08:15:26)

Print Thread

Jump to