General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(learned) Fri 29-Sep-17 11:48:40
Print Post

Three home-fi 100GB/month for £30

[link to this post]

Just in case there are people waiting for an affordable 4G home broadband solution, Three are currently offering 100GB a month with the Huawei B310s-22 LTE router included for £30 a month on a 12 month contract.

Their website only has the 40GB plan for £24 (which isn't a bad price, but is a bit low on data for me). The 100Gb is available in-store however. Apparently, the 100Gb offer is not available in some areas (presumably their backhaul wouldn't cope in some locations) which is why they don't offer it online.

I'm now using this in combination with ADSL Max - load balancing between the two using a Vigor 2860n+ . The ADSL give me a static IP, the 4G gives me a welcome speed boost (particularly upload). So far it is all working nicely.

BTW the router is unlocked, so could be used for other networks.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 30-Sep-17 08:05:05
Print Post

Re: Three home-fi 100GB/month for £30

[re: sheephouse] [link to this post]

Cheers for the info - wink

Good deal.
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Sat 30-Sep-17 11:43:46
Print Post

That's a very good deal compared to most. I'll have to pop in store and see if its available for me. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User neilh1962
(newbie) Mon 02-Oct-17 08:26:18
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

I went for this deal yesterday.
As well as a 12-month contract you can also have it with a rolling 1-month contract for £30 a month, but you have to pay £59 up front.
A better option for me as I'm hoping to get fibre in the not too distant future.
Standard User sheephouse
(regular) Mon 02-Oct-17 09:39:12
Print Post

[re: neilh1962] [link to this post]

Another feature is that there is 12GB/month roaming allowance if you travel to Europe or some other countries. The router is mains powered, but is relatively portable, or the SIM could be put into a mifi or similar. Handy when on holiday or (like me) sometimes travel for work.
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Oct-17 20:57:37
Print Post

Thanks for the info. I had posted elsewhere about there being a 100 GB offering, but because the sales queue was lengthy, I gave up before getting a firm price quoted (I had asked if Three planned to offer 250 or 500 GB to compare with EE, and told no, on web chat, but then the sales person said to phone or visit a store for 100 GB deal "for about £30".

You've now confirmed the actual price, and thanks for the additional info on why it might not be available nationwide. I hadn't thought of that explanation for it not being shown on the website (but I suppose it avoids ASA complaints that it isn't available everywhere)... .

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
  Print Thread

Jump to