General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sheephouse
(regular) Sat 13-Oct-18 12:42:39
Print Post

Re: Type 3 NAT on this EE4G home broadband..found no fix ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Your Nighthawk router can run a VPN, and your 4G modem can be connected to it - you don't necessarily need a single router to do what you want. I would try that first and only spend big money when you are happy with the overall solution.
AAISP have some guides for their service at https://support.aa.net.uk/Category:Incoming_L2TP
You may need to google for details of how to configure your Nighthawk or any other that isn't on AAISP's list. Other VPN providers probably have setup instructions too.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 13:30:42
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Thanks both for your help and support appreciate all news regarding this issue, looks like first of i need a Vpn ,im just confused as to how this will give me a type 2 nat opposed to the type 3 I'm getting now, if i get a shared ip from EE how will this change.

I know i probably sound thick here and I'm asking similar questions but generally my configuration of routers is basically putting my ip username/password in and hey presto.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 13:32:14
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Sorry Frog but what exactly is L2TP and also what is AAISP.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Sat 13-Oct-18 13:51:07
Print Post

https://www.aaisp.net.uk/broadband-l2tp.html jchamier posted that link on my post.

Have a read through that. aaisp are an ISP. They do a good job explaining what L2TP is and who they are.

Michael.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Oct-18 14:05:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Sorry Frog but what exactly is L2TP and also what is AAISP.
AAISP, (Andrews & Arnold ISP) is consistently the highest rated in the country on sites that look beyond the big four. For instance, this site's.

This AAISP L2TP page will help you. In particular:-
We offer a service to allow you to make use of our Internet Access service but without having a broadband line from us!

The service uses a standard system called Layer Two Tunnelling Protocol (L2TP) which allows you (using suitable s/w or equipment) to connect to us via another Internet Access service, and via that, to make use of our service.

Not all ISPs are equal, and A&A customers find our service very useful. We have many features that people appreciate including fixed IPv4, a block of IPv6, no censorship or monitoring. A good technical support team. Good peering and connectivity. And simply the right attitude to privacy and human rights.

Some technical issues you may encounter with other ISPs include dynamic IP or blocking of incoming ports; making it hard or impossible to run servers on your connection; or worse still Carrier Grade NAT (where there are extra layers of NAT within your ISP). Our service can allow these issues to be bypassed.

Using this service allows people to use us as their ISP via another ISP. Sadly, this does not fix congestion and speed issues in the other ISP, but it can address many other issues.
As you can see, they specifically say it bypasses the problem you have with EE CGNAT.

Edit: I posted jchamier's link again to avoid you needing to jump around, and was drafting this post before woodmass's latest was present.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 13-Oct-18 14:07:23)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 15:09:08
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for that RobertoS that is some really useful information and its much appreciated.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 15:14:05
Print Post

Reading through that it looks like a positive solution and i will be giving them a ring on Monday regarding what you have just posted...Many thanks again that is really helpful mate.

I guess many people use abbreviation and generally think we all know what they mean when we dont,not blaming the useful and helpful spots before yours as they were really helpful to me, just needed to clarify some of the wording, to be fair i thought AAISP was some sort of broadband jargon and router setting if im honest until you just pointed me in the right direction.smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 15:15:57
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Cheers matey have read many just trying to get my head around this issue and the problems I'm having,obvioulsy though i missed the AAISP bit.

Apologies ...wink
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 15:21:03
Print Post

Don't really want to use EE4G router and another one so can someone tell me the best Billion router or other model that will do what i need once i have sorted out a VPN from this AAISP.

Preferably without having to use a sim adapter in the new router ,one that accepts what this ee4g sim card uses, to be honest i don't recall exactly if its a micro sim or mini sim.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-18 15:45:05
Print Post

The Billion 8900AX-2400 is the best Billion router which does what you want but I suggest you buy the router from Amazon for peace of mind (free returns within 30 days). Billion support (phone & forum) are excellent, in case you get stuck and need help with any of the router settings.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 13-Oct-18 15:45:50)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to