General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Sat 13-Oct-18 15:57:39
Print Post

Re: Type 3 NAT on this EE4G home broadband..found no fix ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Of course, I'm the same to be honest. I try my best to absorb all the information going but it does become confusing this tech talk smile

Please keep us updated if you can. I'm very interested to see how you get on and if it fixes your issue.

Best of luck
Michael
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 16:00:44
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Cheers frog then thats the router i will be looking at .smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 16:02:40
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Will be on this on Monday with the router Frog suggested and this VPN from AAISP thing smile

Will tell you how i progress no problem, be great to not get a Strict Nat,i just needed convincing i am not wasting money here.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 16:24:56
Print Post

You mean this one Frog..
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Billion-MU-MIMO-Wireless-Gi...

I dont seem to find those model numbers and i don't seem to have seen anything regarding a sim card,looks more like a Adsl router with other options, then again i guess most are and just sim card based routers would be pretty pointless in reality ,especially if you went back to fibre in the future if connection improved.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Oct-18 16:38:20
Print Post

Re: Type 3 NAT on this EE4G home broadband..found no fix ? *DELETED*

Post deleted by RobertoS
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-18 16:54:42
Print Post

Apologies, the Billion 8900AX-2400 does not allow you to insert a 3G/4G sim inside the router. It requires a mobile data dongle to be connected to one of its USB ports.

The Billion model you need is the Billion 4500NZ which does allow you to put a data sim inside the router and offers L2TP VPN connectivity:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Billion-4500NZ-Embedded-Wir...

http://www.billion.uk.com/product/4G-LTE/BiPAC-4500N...

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:00:36
Print Post

Also before splashing out the cash on AAISP's L2TP service, you can test out this free L2TP VPN service on the new router to see if it works. Obviously use the UK server:

www.freel2tpvpn.com

Using the above I created a L2TP VPN connection in Windoze 10 and i got around 15 Mb/s on a 300 Mb/s FTTP line. I'm sure AAISP's L2TP service will be faster though.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 13-Oct-18 17:14:52)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:07:44
Print Post

15Mb/s or 15MB/s?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 71908/13506Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:14:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
15Mb/s or 15MB/s?

Yep 15 Mb/s, to be expected though considering its a free service.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:15:03
Print Post

Frog seriously mate you have lost me in this technology,at present this EE4G router has some setting in it but none of them seem to do anything ,instead of port forwarding they have Virtual server ,they have UPNP switched on,I have enabled DMZ [did nothing] and that is suppose to open up virtually everything.

Do you mean test this on my existing Netgear Nighthawk that has been assigned to one of my plastic storage boxes.

Dont want to be a pain Frog and i appreciate all your help and advice put you would have to explain in baby steps exactly what i am meant to do here.

Besides why would i be wasting money when yourself and others have suggested this and saying it will works dont really like the idea of running a lan cable from the EE4G box into the Netgear Nighthawk,but i ma guessing you want me to see if what you suggest works.

All im after is no type 3 or Strict Nat which i am getting on all consoles,im also confused as to the 4g coverage i have here once i use another routers,i took out the option of the EE external arial and at present i have gone from under a meg on BT fibre [cancelled] to 80/100 download on this 4g service but with the NAT issues.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to