General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:17:46
Print Post

Re: Type 3 NAT on this EE4G home broadband..found no fix ?

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Cheers mate glad i wanted and did not get impatient.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:26:36
Print Post

Does it use a Micro sim slot or do i need an adapter, looking at the information i see it takes a sim but im not sure if its the same as the one in the EE4G router which when looking was micro sim.

I am sure i read somewhere else about 6 weeks ago that he bought one of these routers but had to buy and adapter ?
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:26:36
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I meant test out the free L2TP VPN on the new 4G/LTE router.

However you may not even need to setup a VPN as a different 4G/LTE router could simply not give you the same issues. So once you receive the router, just test it out with your existing SIM and report back if the same issues exist. Take things one step at a time smile

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:29:02
Print Post

Ok mate will do ,many thanks smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:32:38
Print Post

When i spoke to the technical people at EE they told me it makes no difference what 3rd party router you buy it is not going to change as i asked this question the first day i set it up and connected my consoles and got Strict Nat on all of them.

To be honest i am stuck in a rock and a hard places this EE4G is a blessing in disguise for broadband connection given our shocking BT fibre speed, but the downside is i am a avid gamer and Type 3 is the last thing i want.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:40:56
Print Post

Perhaps not surprisng EE would say that, they want you to use their own router rather than a third party one. But even if the third party router gives you the same cgnat issue, at least you can setup a VPN tunnel (L2TP) on it - which I'm pretty sure you cannot do on the EE router.

Re: Billion 4500NZ, it has a mini-sim card slot (2ff type) according to the user manual so you may need an adaptor.

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/index.php?/Knowle...

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2

Edited by baby_frogmella (Sat 13-Oct-18 17:41:36)

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 17:50:40
Print Post

Cheers again Frog much appreciated.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 18:06:25
Print Post

Im guessing Mini is what they call standard, looking at all these adapters i get the micro sim to normal so they say but no Mini....wink
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Sat 13-Oct-18 18:07:51
Print Post

What version of nighthawk router do you have? I could try my very best to explain a step by step guide using the free l2tp information baby_frogmella gave.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Oct-18 18:11:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
When i spoke to the technical people at EE they told me it makes no difference what 3rd party router you buy it is not going to change as i asked this question the first day i set it up and connected my consoles and got Strict Nat on all of them.

Correct. Even if you had a game console with an EE SIM inside you would have this 'strict' NAT problem. It is ONLY a problem for some games. It doesn't affect business users, or those doing video calling, which is why there is little help.

The free EE 4G router is basic, as you would expect for free. It works for everyone whom isn't a gamer.

plusnet 80/20 (2/jun/14) at 470m - sync 19/Sep/18: 61,689 / 8,831 - G.INP & 3.0 dB SNRm
19 years of broadband, from 1999's ntl:cable modem trial - Live BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to