Alright. Here's my best shot. This is all from the user manual. I got no clue if this will work but no harm in trying. I couldn't find anything related to L2TP in the vpn section, only in WAN section. This could be completely wrong. I hope other forum members correct me if i am and i'll promptly remove it to save my embarrassment
Edit: I don't think this will work. If you do want to try with your current router i think you would need to download the windows client that the router links too and follow those steps instead of the ones below.
Once you have your D7800 plugged in and connected from your 4gee router into your wan port, follow these instructions. Make sure the device you're using is connected to your D7800 via wifi or ethernet.
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or WiFi device that is connected to the network.
2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net.
A login window opens.
3. Enter the modem router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select ADVANCED > Setup > WAN Setup. The WAN Setup page displays.
5. From the WAN Preference menu, select Must use Ethernet WAN. By default, the menu selection is Must use DSL WAN.
6. Click the Apply button. Your settings are saved and the modem router restarts
7. Select BASIC > Internet. The Internet Setup page displays.
8. From the Select Country menu, select the country in which you use the modem router.
The Select Country menu is not available in all countries and might be masked out.
9. From the Select Internet Service Provider menu, select the Internet service provider (ISP) that you are using. If your ISP is not in the menu, select Other.
10. Make sure that the Enable This Interface check box is selected.
11. Scroll down to the Does your Internet connection require a login? section and select the Yes radio button.
12. Click on "internet service provider" and click on L2TP in the drop down menu.
13. Use the username and password from http://www.freel2tpvpn.com/
(UK server) Input the username in the "login" field and the password in the "password" field.
14. Click apply and test it.
My source should you want to check it yourself or other forum members. http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/D7800/D78...
Edited by woodmass14 (Sat 13-Oct-18 20:04:03)