General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Fri 19-Oct-18 20:52:31
Print Post

Re: Type 3 NAT on this EE4G home broadband..found no fix ?

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I'd like to know as well smile
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Oct-18 08:02:12
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Don't laughs still have it in the box as its been here since Tuesday,quite frightened to set it up if I'm honest and i have not messed with it yet as my girlfriend was on overseas conference calls and i did not want to mess stuff up, going to sort out a VPN Monday and sort it out then so i will let you know or be back on here for help.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Oct-18 08:03:09
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Don't worry guys as soon as i have unboxed it and sorted VPN i will let you guys know for sure.wink

One thing has become apparent though, should i inform EE that i am not going to be using there 4G router but my own Billion Router,should i also tell them because of there issues and there strict Nat i am going to be using a VPN to try and bypass these issues.

I read this on the AAISP website....
You will need an L2TP client device (a FireBrick can do this), or software. Important - this is NOT an encrypted L2TP or L2TP over IPsec, it is simple L2TPv2 over UDP. Your ISP could be monitoring and logging your communications, though it is unclear if current legislation would permit them to look inside the L2TP tunnel.

Edited by time2die (Sat 20-Oct-18 10:38:55)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Sat 20-Oct-18 13:00:51
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

No, you don't have to let EE know. As for the other technical stuff.. No clue smile
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Sat 20-Oct-18 13:25:38
Print Post

As woodmass14 has said no need to to let EE know, they wouldn't care anyway.

As for L2TP not being encrypted, AAISP are just letting any potential criminals know that their L2TP VPN is not bulletproof like OpenVPN and use of their VPNservice for any nefarious activities will almost certainly get picked up by the authorities. Nothing for you to worry about smile

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 20-Oct-18 14:17:56
Print Post

No need to tell EE

The AAISP note is just to ensure you understand that it is possible for an ISP to look inside since the tunnel is not encrypted

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to