General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Nov-18 16:03:11
Print Post

Re: Billion Bipac 4500nz Update.

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woodmass14:
Glad to hear your issue was sorted! With all the helpful information Baby and others have left, i should have no problem setting my own up when the time comes.

Thanks
Michael.

Easier said than done, even easier when you have that tech Guy on the end of a phone App.wink
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Nov-18 16:17:15
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
the trial/free VPN service to test out the VPN and NAT issues did not work for some unknown reason

I think the reason why the free service on l2tpvpn.com didn't work on your Netgear was the free vpn service also requires - for additional authentication - a 'pre-shared key' which you cannot enter in the Netgear settings. Think of a 'pre-shared key' as an additional password. However when setting up the same service in Windows 10 or iPhone, there is an option to enter a pre-shared key so the free service works there without issues.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Nov-18 16:26:24
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

There you go you answered that also wink

Is that a setting that is in some routers but not my Nighthawk, thought you said it was a top class router frog smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Wed 07-Nov-18 16:38:31
Print Post

That he does! And no, no ones fault at all. It's trial and error a lot of the time and in this case, it was.

No, not yet... I plan on getting a 4g router, not decided which one yet. I imagine i will run into similar issues with nat and ping problems. I plan to use a vpn/l2tp to sort said issues out if i have them. As for your router, the research i did do a couple of weeks back showed you could set it up on your other router. I just wasn't certain.

I'm glad it's finally sorted and that there is a sure fire way to fix it. I'm sure it will help a lot of people out who have similar problems.

How has your connection been since tunneling with AAISP? Stable? Decent latency?

Michael.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Nov-18 17:00:33
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Not done any online gaming Michael as of yet, tested and connected to games such as The Last of Us which for some reason I'm absolutely useless at.

Speeds on my EE4G connection with external Ariel are around 90/100 download, we tested after the VPN and i was getting 50/60 which is plenty.

Will update you when i test a few games online ,like Battlefield 5 in a week or so, but at present when i have the time I'm into Red Dead Redemption 2.wink
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Wed 07-Nov-18 17:15:10
Print Post

Oh yeah, certainly plenty. I do plan to play the same games soon enough. So if you wouldn't mind letting me know how stable/response times are in multiplayer, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Michael
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to