General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 03-Nov-18 21:30:00
Print Post

Nat type 3 Solved eventually.

[link to this post]

So first of i would like to thank all those that contributed to this thread to help me solve the EE4G Nat issues that have plagued me for the past few months.

But most of all i would like to thank one person in particular who today spent the best part of 3 hours taking me through some possible solutions and fixes and shining that guided light.

The person in question is Baby_Frogmella who has been a breath of fresh air in helping me with his vast knowledge and finally this afternoon after quite a few different fixes we have established the Type 2 Nat that i required, i need to sort my own VPN out but Frog certainly sorted this problem out.

We actually running the Netgear Nighthawk through the EE4G router as a ,i may opt to just use a 4g netgear router instead of these 2 but its a pricey option at nearly £300 notes so i need to see some other benefits, I'm also worried that the Billion router £220 that we just sent back did not work for some reason or another .

But basically Frog solved the issue and i am extremely grateful for his time and patience and understanding of dealing with a Novice in this department.

Thanks all for the help and especially to you Frog...wink
Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-18 18:26:40
Print Post

Re: Nat type 3 Solved eventually.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

More than happy to help you mate. Glad its all working now smile

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-18 18:40:28
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Glad to hear you got it solved, how did you resolve it in the end? I have always avoided 4G dongles etc for this reason, it felt like a headache in the absence of buying extra gear.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 06-Nov-18 18:49:26
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Well at first i opted for a Billion Router with a sim card to do away with the EE4G supplied router, thinking this would have more settings in it to make changes i needed.

But try as i might before i got Frog involved we could not get this router to connect to the internet with all the EE settings provided.

Actually spent 60 minutes with Billion technical support who could not get it up and running.

So I'm my frustration i sent the router back to amazon and then involved Frog in my frustration, he asked about the Nighthawk Router i had previously with my normal fibre connection,he told me we could run that thorough the EE4G router as it had the appropriate settings.

So Saturday afternoon he spent 3 hours talking me through it, but we could not get the free trial VPN to connect and he sort of tested his own on my equipment and Bingo....We connected and when i ran a Playstation test no more Type 3 Nat.

So today i subscribed to my own VPN through AAISP and this evening Frog talked me through the changes we needed to make and here we are all happy smile

Connection is a little down in download speeds but i don't care, still getting 50 meg down and about 20 up which is plenty.
  Print Thread

Jump to