General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Nov-18 16:50:27
Print Post

EE Data Plans On 4G broadband

[link to this post]

Bit of a stinker this one and a reason as to why at present due to EE new price policies to this service I'm in dispute with them.

Took out the EE4G Over the phone in August as standard or fibre is a joke where we live, at the time i went for the 200Gig Package which in this day and age just does not cut it.

My games can demand 20/50 gig updates in patches nearly every time i fire a console up, have Fallout 76 coming Wednesday and again there is a 50 gig day 1 patch just to play the game.

Im already down to less than 50Gig and have 14 days left until it resets back to 200 gig

What i hate about this service is the capped Gig Usage,added to the fact if which is rare there is any data left when it resets it does not roll over...[unfair]

Anyway i am looking for more data but the costs are outrageous, but the kick in the teeth is the fact that we are paying £70 for 200Gig and EE new package this costs £50.

They are saying thats what i agreed to [i never signed a contract] they are also claiming i agreed to the terms and services on the phone, again i dispute that they said to me if the data plans went down in price i would still have to pay the price I'm paying when talking out the contract.

They are now apparently listening to the call to see where i stand regarding the terms and rights and will review it once they have heard the conversation.

To be honest i can not remember it all, yes they mentioned the costs and the basic information but i don't recall at the end of it reading me all what they claim they have.

Anyway if they want to be funny and that is the case then i am going to ask them to listen again for when i asked is this service fine for gaming , there reply was its perfect as a lot of the people from EE use the service.

No we all know this is not exactly true due to the CGNAT issues and connecting to friends games.

Anyway i think its totally unfair when prices tumble we are expected to pay the highest costs, even with a price reduction to £50 for 200Gig Capped its still a joke.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Nov-18 17:19:17
Print Post

Re: EE Data Plans On 4G broadband

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

So are you not in a fixed term contract (ie signed up for x months @ £70)? If you are out of contract you can just recontract for 200GB @ £50 for 18 months. If you are still in contract then you did agree the price at the start. If you are out of contract and want the new price without the 18 month commit then you can pay £100 up front and then £50 per month.

Mobile data is expensive - it has always been more expensive than fixed. I assume a combination of the costs of running the masts, backhaul and paying off the massive investment to get licenses to run it in the first place.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 12-Nov-18 17:49:15
Print Post

Re: EE Data Plans On 4G broadband

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

They say i am but i can not for the life of me remember them saying that in there so called terms/conditions.

Thats why at present they are listening to the phone conversation as to when i took up the option for the EE4G broadband service provided.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to