General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User longer
(newbie) Thu 06-Dec-18 18:08:54
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

Lol,Took this deal out on Sunday night got my price down to £10 a month AYCE 200 minutes and unlimited text I don't use any minutes only for home broadband it can be done.
Standard User longer
(newbie) Thu 06-Dec-18 18:17:12
Print Post

[re: onthenet] [link to this post]

Anyone still looking for a unlimited deal for £19 go to three.co.uk shop-Exclusive customer offers purchase the £16 30gb deal once your sim card arrives download the MY3 app click on change price plan unlimited everything for £19 a month.
Remember quidco cashback to £60

Edited by longer (Thu 06-Dec-18 18:19:07)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Dec-18 22:35:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Quite, but don't forget that Ofcom have stamped hard on all providers re the meaning of unlimited, and Three in particular on mobiles.

Three seem to have understood. I expect most people who joined on this short-lived offer will have gone for it for the unlimited mins and price, and not having to watch their data usage even though they don't use a lot.

There's no way they could have this as a permanent offering at this point in time.

I'm happily reading, posting and web browsing in a central Manchester Pizza Express without even needing to think about WiFi passwords, security or whatever.

Though of course any unencrypted stuff is insecure. I reckon I 'm less likely to be spied on than a PE wifi smile.

(Now someone will explain how wrong I am.)

No i totally agree - I use a VPN for extra security - only because of the value of privacy. It's nice not having to count your data, I was shocked when VM told me my average is 4TB a month - I mainly watch a lot of UHD stuff on Sky!

I am 80Gb through my 200 on VM and if I need more I will go to unlimited but I don't think I will. I am likely to have a significant chunk rolling over every month. It's just a real shame it can only be saved up for 2 months max.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Dec-18 22:39:18
Print Post

[re: longer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by longer:
Anyone still looking for a unlimited deal for £19 go to three.co.uk shop-Exclusive customer offers purchase the £16 30gb deal once your sim card arrives download the MY3 app click on change price plan unlimited everything for £19 a month.
Remember quidco cashback to £60

Seems that deal has been kicking around since 2016 - according to UKHD anyway
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Dec-18 14:42:03
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15441795792...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15352139203...

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 07-Dec-18 14:44:37)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Dec-18 18:41:38
Print Post

That's sweet = around the same I get on Virgin Mobile. If it keeps like that I am sure you will remain happy smile
Standard User onthenet
(member) Fri 07-Dec-18 21:40:30
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt *DELETED*

Post deleted by onthenet
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Dec-18 23:31:37
Print Post

It was a freak result, but I've had one other like it during the period I was testing all sorts of thigs before ceasing my broadband. But note it is about the same as my AAISP FTTC, (the second link, from a bit back). The normal range is as per my sig, but is more than adequate.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 08-Dec-18 14:29:32
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It was a freak result, but I've had one other like it during the period I was testing all sorts of thigs before ceasing my broadband. But note it is about the same as my AAISP FTTC, (the second link, from a bit back). The normal range is as per my sig, but is more than adequate.

It's working for you - that's all that matter - and I hope this is the start of Three getting back on their game - considering I was with 3 from the 4th of March 2003 until 2017. I would like to think if ever there was a champion for them, I could be one of them.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 09-Dec-18 12:06:12
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by onthenet:
My router APN with this SIM in is just 3internet, CGNAT off.
My phone is three.co.uk, CGNAT on !! What was that I said earlier smile

That is what I remembered! Thanks. Not sure if phone contracts are allowed to use the 3internet APN it may be only available to data contracts. So when using a phone SIM in a router (or a phone tethered to a router) is going to give CGNAT....which will make some online gaming impossible.

Not a problem for everyone, but one to be aware of if switching from traditional broadband.

There just won't be enough IPv4 addresses left for everyone with a 3 phone to have a public IP. I suspect a lot less data contracts.
OK, I'm now thoroughly confused about this CGNAT question in respect of my own connection smile.

Using the tbb IP Address checker the phone has one address. With wifi tethering it keeps that but three devices connected have identical IP addresses to each other but different from the phone.

If I USB-tether the phone to the ASUS router the same applies, with two of them wireless and one ethernet.

I do not see anywhere a WAN IP Address for the router in that setup.

So is my connection on CGNAT or not?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to