General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 12-Dec-18 23:11:07
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: Biglee5555] [link to this post]

But what speed do you get on mobile broadband please? You didn't say.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Biglee5555
(newbie) Thu 13-Dec-18 12:48:00
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:

I get around 40 down and 30 up, itís been a life saver to be honest.
Standard User longer
(newbie) Fri 14-Dec-18 21:09:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by Biglee5555:

70mb here @ peak time keeping this a secret not telling my next door neighbours I let them carry on paying BT and Virgin rip off prices.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Fri 14-Dec-18 21:47:46
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Well my Mikrotik SXT LTE turned up and must say very impressive, just using it internal in same place as a Huawei e5186s-22, fixing it to band 3 (1800Mhz) I have gone from between 5-10Mbps to a rock steady 23Mbps, and peaking at times 30+, I guess to the 9dBi hi gain antenna.
Once I get my 10M external network cable that should boost a fair bit more as I can mount it outside and higher on house, just leaning out of a upstairs window with phone gets 45-50 Mbps. SXT has a advantage over an external antenna in that there is no signal loss over the cable run as it POE network.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 14-Dec-18 23:19:36
Print Post

[re: longer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by longer:
In reply to a post by Biglee5555:

70mb here @ peak time keeping this a secret not telling my next door neighbours I let them carry on paying BT and Virgin rip off prices.

If you consider £35 a month for 350mbps cable and phone line a rip off.. I personally don't and I pay nearly £50
Standard User onthenet
(member) Sat 15-Dec-18 10:16:43
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I found the phone and connecting via WiFi did seem to limit the speed to about 60Mbps.

Once I got the external antennae and hard wired Ethernet things have stabilised to the below speed

My Broadband Speed Test

So once you have the Mikrotik SXT LTE mounted outside I would say you should see a good increase.

I have been looking at those products as well, as it's a great all in one solution and as you have said a simple POE connection is all you need. I'll be interested to see how you get on.

Three 4G 100/30 Mbps

Edited by onthenet (Sat 15-Dec-18 12:00:25)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 15-Dec-18 13:07:57
Print Post

[re: onthenet] [link to this post]

Sorry you sent this to the wrong person - but I hope they recognise this and pick up on it smile
Standard User Biglee5555
(newbie) Sat 15-Dec-18 14:06:12
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Well I purchased a Poynting 4G-XPOL-A0001, it was delivered today and made no difference to the speed so it will be going back. Iíll get a mikrotek and see if thatís any better.
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Sat 15-Dec-18 14:47:13
Print Post

If you do get a SXT LTE, you really want to set the band to 3, its the 1800Mhz, this band has so much more throughput, especially where I am and I can only get the good speeds on that band, if its on the other band Three have (band 20 800Mhz), I get quarter of the speed with the thing in exactly the same place, even though the signal is better.
It was trying to do this that I found the web interface for the SXT, the band selection didnt work, what you need is the Mikrotik "Winbox" software (from their website), connect to the SXT default 192.168.88.1, no password (this can be set to something a bit more secure!)
On the left of the app window click Interfaces, then double click the lte1 interface (in the now open new window), and this opens a new window which will does allow you to change band and network mode etc, and with this it does work. Oh and before all this you need to enter the apn "3internet", that does work from the web interface or quick set screen.

Edited by Rolandrat (Sat 15-Dec-18 14:48:30)

Standard User Biglee5555
(newbie) Sat 15-Dec-18 14:54:59
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rolandrat:
If you do get a SXT LTE, you really want to set the band to 3, its the 1800Mhz, this band has so much more throughput, especially where I am and I can only get the good speeds on that band, if its on the other band Three have (band 20 800Mhz), I get quarter of the speed with the thing in exactly the same place, even though the signal is better.
It was trying to do this that I found the web interface for the SXT, the band selection didnt work, what you need is the Mikrotik "Winbox" software (from their website), connect to the SXT default 192.168.88.1, no password (this can be set to something a bit more secure!)
On the left of the app window click Interfaces, then double click the lte1 interface (in the now open new window), and this opens a new window which will does allow you to change band and network mode etc, and with this it does work. Oh and before all this you need to enter the apn "3internet", that does work from the web interface or quick set screen.

Thanks for that much appreciated Iíve just purchased one. Hopefully I should see a speed increase.
Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to