General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Biglee5555
(newbie) Tue 18-Dec-18 19:25:36
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

Yes according to the internet itís shared with EE but might not be the correct information, Iím going to get a mast tomorrow and do a proper job see what happens.
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Tue 18-Dec-18 19:31:15
Print Post

[re: Biglee5555] [link to this post]

For me I went from roughly
RSRP: -112
RSRQ: -12
SINR: 2

to

RSRP: -96
RSRQ: -12
SINR: 16

which was good enough to increase from about 20Mbps to max peak so far of 51Mbps, this was sticking the SXE LTE Kit outside. Im about 1 mile from tower, but in a slight dip with taller houses (albeit detached, so plenty of gaps in air space) in the way.
What was really weird is I first installed it roughly where I got the best signal the other day leaning out of a bedroom window, but I just couldnt't repeat this in a fixed position, turns out I literally moved it 3" left a bit and signal improves, I guess it found a slither of better signal though the houses!!

I'd be intrigued what RSRP and SINR figures people get who are getting north of 60+Mbps. I guess my speed is signal related not congestion, although with a lack of anything but ADSL round here, theres hundreds of houses who may be giving up like me and choosing the mobile option.
Standard User Biglee5555
(newbie) Tue 18-Dec-18 20:18:04
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Well getting 40 meg my RSRP -99 and SINR is 9 and thatís inside the house, I will update tomorrow after I install it outside. Itís strange as thereís probably one roof in my line of site at the end of the field.

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to squeeze a bit more, I have a detached garage and on top of that it still doesnít improve, Iím half the distance away than you are so expect more.

Maybe hanging a line prop out the window isnít the best test I will update tomorrow.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 18-Dec-18 20:37:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Im going the same route as you

since i've not gamed in a long time now i've just gotten rid of my FTTC package and will use my hotspot while im at home

getting 60mbps down and 25mbps up currently in my new property

i am tempted by vodafone gigafast being available here but for now i'll hold off and see what others say about the service.
Standard User onthenet
(member) Tue 18-Dec-18 21:26:56
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt *DELETED*

[re: Biglee5555] [link to this post]

Post deleted by onthenet
Standard User onthenet
(member) Tue 18-Dec-18 21:30:15
Print Post

I'm getting 100Mbps + and my stats are as below.

RSRQ -3dB
RSRP -89dB
SINR 22dB
RSSI -67dB

Three 4G 100/30 Mbps
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Tue 18-Dec-18 21:35:41
Print Post

[re: onthenet] [link to this post]

Must be a lot closer to the mast than me for those figures, either that the mast is on overdrive!!
Standard User onthenet
(member) Tue 18-Dec-18 21:38:57
Print Post

I'm exactly a mile from the mast but there is only fields and a couple of houses between it and me.

Three 4G 100/30 Mbps
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 18-Dec-18 22:59:12
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

I think I ought to contact Three and demand some reference fees! LOL

There's a few in here gone for it now.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Biglee5555
(newbie) Wed 19-Dec-18 14:52:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well I have been moving the sxt lte round the outside today, itís work in progress but my best point so far I get 70 Down and 30 up massive improvement over my original download speed of 40 down.
Once again thanks for this thread Iím now on unlimited data and at least 30 meg more in speed and I got £60 cash back from Quidco thanks all.

Edited by Biglee5555 (Wed 19-Dec-18 19:10:55)

Pages in this thread: << 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to