General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 21-Dec-18 13:00:54
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Normally when I'm at the computer for a while I put the phone on the table near it. (Not for the wifi but for a better mast signal).

I've just been out so the phone is in my trouser pocket. Still gives well over 25Mbps speed from there. /me does speed tests:-

Laptop, phone in pocket
Laptop, phone on table, wifi
Laptop, phone on window ledge, wifi
Phone in hand, me standing near the window
Phone on desk upstairs by the router but not tethered
Laptop, phone on table, USB tethered

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Dec-18 13:30:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Oh I see you use your main phone, Sorry Bob I thought you used another phone or a dongle/router combo. my bad

Looks good all round - I see the desk is the best place smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 21-Dec-18 14:04:03
Print Post

Yep, it's my main phone. I'm not sure in retrospect that was the best thing to do, but it will work fine. I did do the initial tests in a Sony Z3 but then I'd be ~£11 worse off keeping the EE contract going.

Each individual saving I'm making isn't necessary once the FTTC went, but when you add them up it gets meaningful.

Ditch FTTC, £35. Ditch landline £14. Ditch EE £10.51.Total £59.51. 3 Sim, £20. £40 in pocket near as dammit. If necessary for Chromecast to the TV I can simply USB tether the phone to the router upstairs.

When current expenditure, which can only increase, exceeds income as a pensioner, it's worth a try. Worst I have to do is buy a lower allowance Sim from somewhere for such occasions, maybe a PAYG that can lapse between such "emergency use".

I tested Chromecast for a while with this sim in the Z3 in the room and it was fine. In the Huawei there shouldn't be a problem.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Dec-18 14:19:41
Print Post

I know Virgin Mobile do a PAYG sim where they give you so much data a month and the credit does not lapse. Worth suggesting. Not sure if it's ask good as the 321 on Three.

There is always unknowns like 1pmobile.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 21-Dec-18 15:00:14
Print Post

I've got a couple of Three 3-2-1s smile. 1p per MB is great just to look something up when out and about, but 1GB = £10.

There's also the EE Flex, and I've got the latest PAYG O2 as well. I forget the detail of both, but plenty to do the maths with.

Anyway, it's almost certain I shan't need anything unless I lose the phone. Even breaking it just means putting it in the Z3 until I get another.

I've also got an Archos dual sim 4G on permanent loan. That's got a Three 3-2-1 and the O2 sim in it. I simply haven't got a problem smile.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Dec-18 15:38:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I've got a couple of Three 3-2-1s smile. 1p per MB is great just to look something up when out and about, but 1GB = £10.

There's also the EE Flex, and I've got the latest PAYG O2 as well. I forget the detail of both, but plenty to do the maths with.

Anyway, it's almost certain I shan't need anything unless I lose the phone. Even breaking it just means putting it in the Z3 until I get another.

I've also got an Archos dual sim 4G on permanent loan. That's got a Three 3-2-1 and the O2 sim in it. I simply haven't got a problem smile.

Nice smile

I've had Oneplus phones for the past 5 years - Got to love dual sim!
Standard User epyon
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Dec-18 17:44:58
Print Post

everything good so far.

use about 50gb roughly on my phone and rest for my laptop.

http://epvpimg.com/ftuweab
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Fri 21-Dec-18 19:16:29
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Ive used about 200GB since the 8th December, when I got the new sim.
Mainly on Netflix, which I guess doesnt use up any of the unlimited allowance as its Go Binge!! Its addictive watching stuff in UHD.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 21-Dec-18 23:03:01
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Only standard def is included in Go Binge - so the UHD will be using the unlimited allowance for normal use smile
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Sat 22-Dec-18 09:19:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Only standard def is included in Go Binge - so the UHD will be using the unlimited allowance for normal use smile

I best be careful not to use up all my unlimited allowance then.
But seriously though, I do still have my 100Gb 3 Mifi sim, which also has Go binge on it, so may push my netlix box to that to ease the load.
Pages in this thread: << 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to