General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Jan-19 12:23:37
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Still going strong for all? smile
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Jan-19 12:56:10
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Everything is fine thanks smile. I have started turning off Mobile Data and Hotspot on the phone when not going to be using the laptop for a while, and when going out. Purely to save battery life. Both settings are on the "drag down from the top" on my Android phone so it's not a chore.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Wed 02-Jan-19 14:55:38
Print Post

Going well here, its been hammered with the Xmas period and having the family here and kids etc, used about 340Gb so far, quite a bit of netflix in there also.
ADSL used about 165GB in same period, using balancing with weighting to the 3 sim but fixing things like Alexa devices and some of the kids devices to the ADSL connection as not to totally take the mick.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 02-Jan-19 15:11:06
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

73GB since 7 December. Interestingly more than I used on FTTC. Unless it is also counting upstream which AAISP don't. Though my uploads are tiny.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Jan-19 15:39:11
Print Post

Good to hear from you both and your experience smile

Yes - upload is counted on 4G
Standard User onthenet
(member) Thu 03-Jan-19 08:00:30
Print Post

Still going well, last months bill came in with 112GB used so not much more than the previous HomeFi 100GB limit.

I notice that the HomeFi product is now down to £22/mnth for 100GB and with the £3 discount I was getting works out about the same as this albeit not unlimited.

Looks like no-one local got a Three SIM for Christmas as speeds are still hovering around 100Mbps smile

My Broadband Speed Test

Three 4G 100/30 Mbps
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 03-Jan-19 14:55:07
Print Post

[re: onthenet] [link to this post]

Nice... Nice smile

I would go to Unlimited but if we move away from VM I would lose it and the awesome BF deal I am on now - so unless i switched to 3 then it wouldn't be possible right now

Edited by 23Prince (Thu 03-Jan-19 16:35:46)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jan-19 17:52:32
Print Post

Though my uploads are tiny.

Itís the cold weather Bob wink

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 07-Jan-19 17:58:57
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

/me shrinks

Standard User LA7
(regular) Mon 07-Jan-19 21:13:33
Print Post

I got the £20 Black Friday deal with unlimited data I live in a area with strong Three signal and get good download speeds so I put the sim in my Huawei cat6 router run everything in my house off inc smart TVs BBC IPlayer UHD sky Q downloaded loads of UHD on it for about 3 weeks hammered to test what happens when you hit 1000GB it worked perfectly until I hit 1TB then I got hit with traffic management and got sent a text message then download speeds dropped to about 2mb from above 100mb and then video would struggle to stream

Edited by LA7 (Mon 07-Jan-19 21:18:39)

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | [22] | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to