General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 07-Jan-19 21:39:19
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: LA7] [link to this post]

That's to be expected.
Unlimited data gives you worry free internet use. Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you could only use, subject to TrafficSenseô, around 1000GB each month. We may use this cap to identify inappropriate use of the service, such as commercial use, which isn't permitted under our terms and conditions.
Daft to test it really.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Jan-19 22:34:59
Print Post

Yeah it's not designed for that - if you do that twice in 3 months they will terminate you - nothing in the terms but I have seen it done with 2 people in the past.
Standard User LA7
(regular) Mon 07-Jan-19 23:59:23
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Yeah it's not designed for that - if you do that twice in 3 months they will terminate you - nothing in the terms but I have seen it done with 2 people in the past.

Not true just traffic shaping stays until your allowance (billing date) renews as per the text message

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User LA7
(regular) Tue 08-Jan-19 00:01:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not really I pay for it so I can test it how I like you grumpy old man I only have it as a back up to my FTTP Connection

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That's to be expected.
Unlimited data gives you worry free internet use. Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you could only use, subject to TrafficSenseô, around 1000GB each month. We may use this cap to identify inappropriate use of the service, such as commercial use, which isn't permitted under our terms and conditions.
Daft to test it really.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 08-Jan-19 00:22:59
Print Post

Thanks for the gratuitous personal insult.

It doesn't alter the fact that Three publish it could be regarded as inappropriate use and might be suspected of being for commercial purposes.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jan-19 04:48:10
Print Post

Personal insults are inappropriate and a reflection of your character, rather than the person you are addressing. Strong and secure people don't put others down unnecessarily.

Best of luck to you.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Jan-19 10:29:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Wasn't there a ruling that said you could only sell something as unlimited if it truly was. Traffic shaping after a limit was reached I thought was now banned?
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Jan-19 11:02:20
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
I dunno, three dont seem to learn, they attracting all the data hoarders and last time I tried their service it made ntl docsis1 look godly.

Ah yes them were the days!

Starting with 256kbps - then it was 384 then 512 and I remember people boasting about how they had 1mbps!

Now look at us... and in 10 years time - who knows..
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-Jan-19 11:05:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by LA7:
Not really I pay for it

1TB costs a lot more than £20 - so no, you don't. You abuse it.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Jan-19 11:18:48
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Three are offering unlimited for £20. If they can't offer unlimited then they shouldn't call it that. I had thought this was supposed to be a sales technique consigned to history...
Pages in this thread: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | [23] | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to