General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User onthenet
(member) Fri 30-Nov-18 21:46:26
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Unless it is related to area and number of users, I'm in NI.

I notice that in 2017 Three Ireland rolled out CGNAT but it didn't come up North,

Three 4G
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 30-Nov-18 21:50:27
Print Post

[re: onthenet] [link to this post]

Could be easily something like that.

Given ipv4 depleated itís odd for anyone not to use CGNAT.

plusnet 80/20 (2/jun/14) at 470m - sync 19/Sep/18: 61,689 / 8,831 - G.INP & 3.0 dB SNRm
19 years of broadband, from 1999's ntl:cable modem trial - Live BQM
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Fri 30-Nov-18 22:57:32
Print Post

Forgive the question but how does one figure out if they have a public ip instead of CGNAT? I'm checking using my data connection in device settings, about device and is showing an ip but is there a telling factor?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 30-Nov-18 23:00:40
Print Post

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Rolandrat:
In reply to a post by onthenet:
Great news for me, I was on the HomeFi product so moved on to this now.

My ADSL speeds were 2Mbps but with Three I am getting 105Mbps down and 30Mbps up.

No chance of Fibre in the near future either but even if it came it probably wouldn't be as fast as this.

Speed Test Result at the moment

Crikey you must have the mast in your back garden to get that speed, best I get out of three was about 25Mbps, and this week things have gone down hill to hardly 5Mbps, im trying to fgure out why its dropped so much this week.

Quick question though, my Mifi 3 sim does allow unlimited netflix and it also allows me on a good day to a UHD stream on Netflix. These mobile unlimited sims with 3 are they traffic managed to a basic stream or does it allow more throughput for Netflix?

Three started to do Unlimited again - everyone jumped on it again, speeds dropped for all - again
Standard User onthenet
(member) Fri 30-Nov-18 23:32:35
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Three started to do Unlimited again - everyone jumped on it again, speeds dropped for all - again

Three have always done unlimited, it never went away. I've had an unlimited phone contract for years @£19/mnt and there is a PayAndGo Sim @£35/mnth with no tethering limit.

I was on the Three Home broadband product so this is just the same except I don't have to worry about going over the 100GB limit for normal data, Netflix was unlimited.
I don't think I will be downloading terabytes of data suddenly.

Three 4G
Standard User onthenet
(member) Fri 30-Nov-18 23:36:30
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by woodmass14:
Forgive the question but how does one figure out if they have a public ip instead of CGNAT? I'm checking using my data connection in device settings, about device and is showing an ip but is there a telling factor?

Just do an IPLOOKUP of your ip number shown in the router, mine is currently in the range 92.41.79.xx which is owned by Three.

inetnum: 92.41.0.0 - 92.41.251.255
netname: H3GUK
descr: Mobile Broadband Service

Three 4G
Standard User woodmass14
(committed) Fri 30-Nov-18 23:45:01
Print Post

Thanks for that. According to whatismyipaddress.com i have a static ip address. Must be an error. Though good to know it's not CGNAT
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 30-Nov-18 23:49:31
Print Post

How does that detect CGNat? Even with CGNat the user's IP address is still Three-owned. Just shared with other users.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 01/10/18 - 72382/13812Kbps @ 600m. (Disabled:BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6)
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 01-Dec-18 08:38:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've been with Three for years, used to have the one plan unlimited but eventually got turfed off it about a year after they did away with it. Now on a 4GB contract for £9 a month. Only time i use pretty much all data is on holiday or when I have WiFi turned off as my phone seems have taken a dislike to my home WiFi.

This is my speed test sat in bed https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15436528244...

You might want to experiment with a longer usb cable to allow trying different positions for your phone, or even a different phone.

This one is looking at the mast on top of a water tower out my window https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/15436541845...

Edited by R0NSKI (Sat 01-Dec-18 08:52:19)

Standard User onthenet
(member) Sat 01-Dec-18 09:12:21
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
How does that detect CGNat? Even with CGNat the user's IP address is still Three-owned. Just shared with other users.

Its really the WAN IP on the router you need to check, which is what the OP had said he was looking at, not the public IP.

If you go to google and type in whatsmyip and compare that with the WAN IP setting in the router, if they are both the same then you are not on CGNAT. If they are different then you probably are.

Three 4G

Edited by onthenet (Sat 01-Dec-18 09:14:37)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to