General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 03-Dec-18 20:56:20
Print Post

Re: Iíve just signed up to Threeís SIM only unlimited everyt

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

and I am glad you are the guinea pig smile

I think three wasnt really bad everywhere to be fair, it seemed to be mainly inner city areas, and whilst I Am not living in a city centre, I am not too far from it.

e.g. people would report their speeds were fine in their home in a village, then goto work in a city and it be super congested.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 03-Dec-18 21:23:48
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

smile
I shan't be moving, at least intentionally, for several years. When all will be different in me and the technology. Of course, if we leave the EU next year none of us will be able to afford broadband by then anyway, or so we are told, and the country won't be able to afford the French electricity coming under the channel that we have now relied on for several years. (But that's a discussion for a different forum).

wink wink wink

More sensibly than that last joking remark, as I said earlier I don't have a Smart TV. I rarely watch the one I have, and the streaming I do is very limited. My usage on AA, even with the amount of time I spend here, rarely exceeds 50GB in a month and is normally far less.

I doubt if my guinea pig status and results will be of much use to anyone other than as a proof of concept. Unless of course it proves to be a disaster!

On my mobile I have never reached 1GB, and only got anywhere near that since I saw the Three advert, through doing tbb speed tests on my phone (EE "up to 40Mbps") to compare with what the new Three SIM was giving in its predecessor at the same time of day. (Not running simultaneously).

It will probably be useful as well when on holiday of course, as I frequently go to places where FTTPx is not supplied and the ADSL2+ is a couple of Mbps. How good the mobile signal is for data would be the question, but I've already checked my phone can supply a good signal as a WiFi hotspot throughout my metal-framed house.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Dec-18 22:50:36
Print Post

Sounds like it's all working out good. For anyone else seeing this - that deal runs out tonight at 11PM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Dec-18 02:32:00
Print Post

Offer is still going I suspect to the end of the 4th in line with VM and others - I tell you something, a Lenovo P2 hooked up with a sim would be a good hotspot - capable of 150mbps and with a 5500 battery if there is a power cut nice UPS lol

Well sort of - it's my backup anyway
Standard User AdamInTheSticks
(regular) Tue 04-Dec-18 14:36:16
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Hmmm... I'd *love* to sign up with this deal - if only I could get a 4G signal from Three, argh! I did try again yesterday, even with my outdoor 4G antenna, as a last-ditch attempt before the deal runs out. I can only get a weak 3G signal, and it can be slower than my 2Mbps ADSL. That's often the problem in rural areas, not much (or no!) choice of mobile providers.

My only current option for speeding up my connection (no FTTx here) is expensive EE or Vodafone 4G (and Vodafone 4G speeds here are under 10Mbps downstream, although EE is anything from 10 - 30Mbps downstream, using a 4G router at least). frown

Kind regards,

Adam. smile
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Tue 04-Dec-18 14:49:30
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

I thought it already finished, when I googled it I couldnt find any such offer so assumed it ended.

Sky Fibre Pro BQM - IPv4 BQM - IPv6
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Dec-18 15:13:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
I thought it already finished, when I googled it I couldnt find any such offer so assumed it ended.

It went about 11am today - the £32 deal replaces it now.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Dec-18 15:14:48
Print Post

[re: AdamInTheSticks] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AdamInTheSticks:
Hmmm... I'd *love* to sign up with this deal - if only I could get a 4G signal from Three, argh! I did try again yesterday, even with my outdoor 4G antenna, as a last-ditch attempt before the deal runs out. I can only get a weak 3G signal, and it can be slower than my 2Mbps ADSL. That's often the problem in rural areas, not much (or no!) choice of mobile providers.

My only current option for speeding up my connection (no FTTx here) is expensive EE or Vodafone 4G (and Vodafone 4G speeds here are under 10Mbps downstream, although EE is anything from 10 - 30Mbps downstream, using a 4G router at least). frown

I am on Virgin - and I think it's better than the unlimited is limited to cable customers only - less chance of a data meltdown - but it will be interesting to see over the coming weeks and months what happens with this deal. I hope it lasts but I just get a niggle that at some point it's going to be 2015 all over again at three.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 04-Dec-18 18:17:23
Print Post

The number port completed this evening. Some time between 16:30 when the EE connection went off and 17:30 when I discovered that even though my phone was showing the phone no. of the 3 Sim it rang when I called my EE (originally O2) number from my landline and also rang my landline when I called that from it.

Can't be bothered Ceasing AAISP tonight.

Speed test USB tethered, downstairs.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 04-Dec-18 18:17:47)

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Dec-18 18:57:38
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The number port completed this evening. Some time between 16:30 when the EE connection went off and 17:30 when I discovered that even though my phone was showing the phone no. of the 3 Sim it rang when I called my EE (originally O2) number from my landline and also rang my landline when I called that from it.

Can't be bothered Ceasing AAISP tonight.

Speed test USB tethered, downstairs.

That's a nice speed - and I liked the fact ceasing AAISP was a simple affair with Chaos.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to