General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Dec-18 06:24:56
Print Post

The Three unlimited deal is now mainstream product £27

[link to this post]

Link.

I wish they hadn’t done that. I wonder if it is aimed at O2/Sky/GiffGaff customers?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests 35-45Mpbs down, 9-15 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User onthenet
(member) Fri 07-Dec-18 12:20:34
Print Post

Re: The Three unlimited deal is now mainstream product &#163

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That's a standard product that they always had, it's just that on black Friday they dropped the price to 20 and the tethering limit was removed around July due to the Ofcom ruling.

That's is what my phone contract has been for the last three years except I have it for 19/mnth.

Three 4G
Standard User sheephouse
(member) Fri 07-Dec-18 12:41:12
Print Post

[re: onthenet] [link to this post]

I went for the Black Friday £20 offer - they confirmed that the SIM would work without any restrictions in any compatible device, so it is now in my MikroTik SXT LTE router, and has replaced my £30pm 100GB sim for home broadband. It is a a great deal (even at £27) if you get a good Three 4G signal and can't get decent broadband any other way.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Dec-18 13:01:37
Print Post

Wouldn't surprise me - but some of them have been kicked off giffgaff fur mad usage.

It's also a bit shocking how you can sign up to a sim only plan and then after a month change to this for £16. or so I am told.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Dec-18 13:01:58
Print Post

[re: onthenet] [link to this post]

Strange that I’ve never seen it before, but I believe you.

Though it looks to me like you may be on a (form of) retention deal? That wasn’tand isn’t available to new users? I was talking to a girl last night who has been on the £19 one for three years or so as well smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 07-Dec-18 13:07:09)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Dec-18 13:06:31
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

See my post a couple of minutes ago.

Being kicked off giffgaff for caning it could make sense, except their T & Cs may not be Ofcom-allowable if challenged. They will be buying a certain amount of capacity at well below retail price, like any reseller, and risk breaking it.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Dec-18 13:44:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
See my post a couple of minutes ago.

Being kicked off giffgaff for caning it could make sense, except their T & Cs may not be Ofcom-allowable if challenged. They will be buying a certain amount of capacity at well below retail price, like any reseller, and risk breaking it.

Yes but OFCOM stuff aside - I spent 2 years as an agent a few years ago and amongst many others I had a e-mail pre composed explaining why someone had been kicked off - and I sent it several times an hour, never mind a day! It was always due to them doing double digits on their goodybag

I personally had the always on goodybag - I was 384kbps from about 0.5GB to the end. I couldn't use it - I left giffgaff in the end because I couldn't peddle their BS anymore - I was one of 6

Edited as I can't spell today!

Edited by 23Prince (Fri 07-Dec-18 13:47:14)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 07-Dec-18 16:03:33
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

Double digits, like 10+ GB?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 07-Dec-18 16:35:44
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

That was then. This is now:-
At this point some of you might well be asking: “Surely they can’t afford to do that on their ‘all-you-can-eat-data’ plans too?”

The answer on this seems to be a little confused because their documentation says: “Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you could only use, subject to TrafficSense™, around 1000GB each month. We may use this cap to identify inappropriate use of the service, such as commercial use, which isn’t permitted under our terms and conditions”

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 07-Dec-18 16:49:10
Print Post

Seems a slightly odd statement of theirs.

I might be getting the maths wrong but at around 3Mbps you would hit 1TB in a month. That would suggest "TrafficSense" is limiting speeds massively as 4G is much faster than this in many locations. At 40Mbps I believe a person could use nearly 13TB of data in a 30 day month if using constantly.

If my maths is right then does that suggest that the 3 all you can eat unlimited is artificially limited by TrafficSense?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to