General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User johnr1987
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-19 16:06:12
Print Post

Three £20 FUP Limits

[link to this post]

Hello, Guys currently on the black friday deal my usage has been Dec 2018 1.9TB Jan 2019 3.9TB Feb 2019 900GB what the FUP on three uk unlimited sim plan.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 05-Feb-19 16:12:43
Print Post

Re: Three £20 FUP Limits

[re: johnr1987] [link to this post]

You could well run foul of:-
Unlimited data gives you worry free internet use. Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you could only use, subject to TrafficSense™, around 1000GB each month. We may use this cap to identify inappropriate use of the service, such as commercial use, which isn't permitted under our terms and conditions.
Link.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User johnr1987
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-19 16:17:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Unlimited data gives you worry free internet use. Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you could only use, subject to TrafficSense™, around 1000GB each month. We may use this cap to identify inappropriate use of the service, such as commercial use, which isn't permitted under our terms and conditions.
Link.

I hope not I will be contacting the ASA and Ofcom if they decide to contact me about my usage levels so far they are cool about my usage due to me not located in the major cities only middle off Yorkshire.lol

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Feb-19 16:53:18
Print Post

Well I am sure if someone had a problem with it - you would know by now.
Standard User mking90031
(learned) Tue 05-Feb-19 19:30:24
Print Post

Hi,

They might not send out a letter. They might just slow down your connection to something slower than dialup until you cease using as much data.....

HTH,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia 350Mb/sec Down & 30Mb/sec Up
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Feb-19 20:04:08
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mking90031:
Hi,

They might not send out a letter. They might just slow down your connection to something slower than dialup until you cease using as much data.....

HTH,

Seeing as OFCOM just ruled against them in their own investigation for doing just this - I doubt it.

But we will see - Even if they revert to the 100GB (which is the actual plan name with an addon) then it's still good for £22 I can kick my VM sim down to £6 a month now as I can take this everywhere thanks to a car adapter i got from Amazon - it fits in my bad nicely with the power bank than has a 12V socket. I don't need massive handset data now
Standard User gary333
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-19 20:44:09
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

Although quite some time ago, when i used to work for an operator we would directly contact customers and let them know we were disconnecting them (without penalty). Usually this was for GSM gateways / calling cards, commercial SMS sending on unlimited plans, Email spam, Voicemail abuse and excessive use of data (that affected others within the cell area and just extreme). They targeted the top 1% red flagging the accounts and around 10 people were booted each month. I know that for this mobile operator no-one had ever used anywhere near what you are getting through with around 1TB being the highest I ever heard of, but again this was quite a few years ago and before 4G.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 05-Feb-19 22:38:43
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

I remember having to boot someone from Orange as he was using too much HSDPA - which annoyed me and him as he was a business guy paying 25p/minute at the time..

This was back in 2002.
Standard User teshy
(newbie) Wed 06-Feb-19 14:11:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Link.

I recently signed up for the £20 unlimited plan and so was interested in this thread. I found the following in their terms and conditions:

If you have unlimited data units as part of your package or with an Add-on, there are no hidden ‘fair use policies’ within the UK.
Standard User longer
(newbie) Wed 06-Feb-19 14:20:22
Print Post

[re: teshy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by teshy:
Link.

I recently signed up for the £20 unlimited plan and so was interested in this thread. I found the following in their terms and conditions:

If you have unlimited data units as part of your package or with an Add-on, there are no hidden ‘fair use policies’ within the UK.

To be honest wouldn't worry about three moaning about your usage unless your abusing the service like downloading xbox one x games 24/7 nonstop your only using the service SOLD AS
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to