General Discussion
  >> Mobile Broadband (3G, 4G etc)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andynormancx
(regular) Thu 07-Feb-19 10:36:08
Print Post

Re: Three £20 FUP Limits

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

It seems unlikely that the people hanging out on the TB forums are representative of the average broadband user though...
Standard User gary333
(learned) Thu 07-Feb-19 11:11:23
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by andynormancx:
It seems unlikely that the people hanging out on the TB forums are representative of the average broadband user though...

Depends from what perspective. From a technical knowledge & awareness point of view probably not. However, the average data usage (190GB) although being an average, is still not representative of the average 'man in the street' or family due to the skewing of the data that has taken place from the top 1% of extreme users. My point still stands that 1TB of data is still a lot (and well above the mean average) to use in a month - savvy technical user or family unit.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 07-Feb-19 11:19:54
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

Despite spending a lot of time here I used well under 80GB monthly on AAISP. I was on the 200GB product and their rollover system had me starting each month with about 350GB allowance smile.

If I ever get round to using my Netflix subscription I might use more, but I have 250GB+ sitting on my PVR still that I haven't managed to reduce in over five years. Most of it predating that.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Feb-19 15:12:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Well so far I am on 44.68GB since I got the sim 3 days ago - however I just noticed the router also counts any and all Netflix usage into that figure so I won't know what I have actually used until the bill comes in - Netflix, from what I have read, all seems to come into the GoBinge - even in 4K.
Standard User longer
(newbie) Thu 07-Feb-19 15:32:16
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 23Prince:
Well so far I am on 44.68GB since I got the sim 3 days ago - however I just noticed the router also counts any and all Netflix usage into that figure so I won't know what I have actually used until the bill comes in - Netflix, from what I have read, all seems to come into the GoBinge - even in 4K.

Your usage will be like this please beware three systems count are wrong no way
I watched 457gb netflix/apple music in 30 days lol
25,344.2976 (25GB)
Go Binge
457,575.9600 (457GB)
Standard User Mary12234
(newbie) Thu 07-Feb-19 15:59:30
Print Post

[re: 23Prince] [link to this post]

lol, Upto 168gb 4days downloaded whole house streaming 4k Netflix,NowTV Two children gaming on the ps4. getting great speeds here 70mb all day everyday.
I must be the only person here using 3uk definitely keep this from my neighbours so I can leech full speeds 24/7.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Feb-19 16:11:55
Print Post

[re: longer] [link to this post]

Ah thanks for that - I'm literally using this router for all my usage in and out of the house - so 2 things I have done today is bust my VM sim down to £6 a month, which is enough for me and in cae I want to swap to 3 and buy it out. and 2 gone from Spotify to Apple Music - whilst it does not matter either way due to the unlimited data addo n I want to use as much go binge as possible - it's free to transfer playlists across and the same price per month.

Mary

I'm getting 40mbps right now - which is plenty. It'll drop later but even then it's fine.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 07-Feb-19 16:12:48
Print Post

[re: Mary12234] [link to this post]

Kudos for having not 1 but 2 children gaming on 4G and not having any issues.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to