Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smiths
(learned) Tue 25-Jan-11 11:11:36
Print Post

DGTeam firmware: SNR control no longer working?

[link to this post]

I have a DG834GT router loaded with DGTeam firmware level 1.02.16 rev 0848 and this has worked fine for over a year. I've tweaked the SNR percentage and my connection speed is normally around 4354. It's been stable and goes for weeks on end without a re-sync.

Over the last few days something has changed. Connection speed has dropped to as low as 3012. Reducing the SNR percentage makes no difference as the noise margin afterwards is always at least 12 db and the max speed I can get in the day is 3776. ISP is BT Broadband.

It looks as though the connection is no longer allowing the DGTeam firmware to set the SNR. Anyone else experienced this? Has something changed?

Thanks
Standard User Dick_B
(regular) Tue 25-Jan-11 11:38:27
Print Post

Re: DGTeam firmware: SNR control no longer working?

[re: smiths] [link to this post]

Have you been put on banded profile? This seems to fix the sync speed no matter what adjustment you try to make to SNR. I had to request my ISP to get it removed before the sync speed would move.
Standard User smiths
(learned) Tue 25-Jan-11 22:55:00
Print Post

[re: Dick_B] [link to this post]

Not sure what a banded profile is - my speed isn't fixed as far as I am aware. Just looks now that whenever I sync the noise margin is always 12 db, or extremely close regardless of whether the SNR margin is set to 100% or 10%.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jan-11 23:07:11
Print Post

[re: smiths] [link to this post]

No problems at the moment, and using 1018 with a GT on a Madasafish connection to a 20CN exchange.

Alastair

omadasafisho
  Print Thread

Jump to