Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nelsonn69
(newbie) Mon 31-Jan-11 16:26:53
Print Post

NETGEAR VMDG280 router query

[link to this post]

Hiya people!!...im currently using a 'NETGEAR VMDG280' router connected by an ethernet cable to my computer, i have reason to believe other people are using my connection, is it at all possible that somebody can help me to find out if this is so and to set a password to stop this happening..i know how to log into the the router but i aint got a clue how to set the password to stop people using my connection...thanking you kindly...lee...newport
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Mon 31-Jan-11 16:54:38
Print Post

Re: NETGEAR VMDG280 router query

[re: nelsonn69] [link to this post]

To see who's connected to your router: look at Attached Devices.

To secure its wireless: go to Wireless Settings and set authentication to recommended WPA2-PSK(Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 with Pre-Shared Key) with a strong Network Key.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Moderator billford
(moderator) Mon 31-Jan-11 17:14:46
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Or, if it's not needed, turn the wireless off tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bill

bill@thinkbroadband.com ________________________Planes and Cars and ...________________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Feb-11 09:19:43
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

A lot of still current devices aren't WPA2 capable so this could cause problems for the uninitiated.
  Print Thread

Jump to